Bindery Journeyman - Swing Shift 3:30pm - Midnight M-F Full-time Job3 weeks ago - Social Work and Caring Services - Salt Lake City - 47 views
Posting Dates: 03/06/2020 - 03/29/2020
Job Family: Production & Manufacturing
Department: Materials Management Department
Purpose: This position helps make gospel teachings, resources, or services accessible to all in a simple and affordable way, supporting the mission of the Church.
Serves as a team lead and performs machine bindery operations using complicated machines. Work with limited supervision or direction to maximize productive output and quality control. Accountable as a team lead for meeting pre-set budget, production schedules and deadlines for each operation or process performed. Machinery may include but not limited to: perfect binding, flat-bed cutters, stitcher/trimmer, sorting, mailing, collating, embossing and casing in equipment, etc. This position is accountable for operation of machines and assigned crews.
Not a natural promotion from other bindery worker positions. Number of journeyman-level positions limited; new positions created as justified by production requirements and approved by division director.
M-F 3:30pm - Midnight (Production needs may alter this schedule on rare occasions)
70% - Sets up and operates complex bindery and finishing equipment and machinery
10% - Maintains quality control standards according to job specifications
10% - Trains employees that are assigned to learn the operations of the equipment to ensure a proper pool of operators who are cross-trained and able to run the equipment to ensure proper production standards are met.
5% - Maintains and cleans machinery and assigned work areas
5% - Maintains and records necessary information such as job count reports, quality checks, machine report work orders, etc. Organizes information and reports.
• Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent
• Two (2) year minimum production experience and regular set-up and operation of production equipment.
• Able to pull, push and move material weighing up to several hundred pounds occasionally using pallet jacks and carts and lift and work unassisted with materials weighing up to 30 pounds constantly in a high paced production environment.
• Must have good manual dexterity and be able to perform fast-paced repetitive actions while standing or sitting for the entire shift.
• Must be able to bend, squat, stretch, reach, climb, etc. constantly throughout assigned shift.
• Must be detail oriented.
• Mechanical aptitude highly desirable.
• Requires basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division).
• Must be able to work as an effective and efficient member of a production team yet be able to work independently as production schedules and skills/training require; ability to train and hold employees accountable.
• Must have the Ability to speak, read and understand English.
• Able to work courteously with associates of various educational, ethnic, cultural and experience backgrounds.
• Intermediate-level computer skills required being able to use computer based production tracking, time tracking, payroll and communications programs; must have an active LDSAccount.
Must be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and currently temple worthy.
POSTING NOTICE/MORE INFO.
Please Note: All positions are subject to close without notice.
Find out more about the many benefits of Church Employment at .