Content Design Lead (APIs), VP Full-time Job1 week ago Administration, Business and Management Chicago 32 views Reference: gl9avQKMeG1
Chase is undertaking an aggressive digital transformation that builds on our successful mobile and online service offerings. We’re invested in using digital innovation to deepen customer engagement and profitability; position us as the undisputed leader in digital financial services and payments; and enable us to deliver the highly personalized, real-time experience customers increasingly expect.
At Chase, we want to lead the digital transformation by designing and delivering experiences for our customers that are simple and secure. As part of our team, you will have the opportunity to impact millions of people in a deeper, more engaged way by working on everything from our mobile apps to online banking to emerging payments — that are used by millions of customers every day.
As a digital content team, our mission is to refine and advance our Chase voice and tone across all our digital products and platforms, creating the best possible experience for our current and prospective customers.
For this specific team, the content designer will need experience in technical writing because we are building dev portals. We work in the API Management space and will need to work closely with our partners and other technical writers to deliver documentation, guides and other product deliveries for the portals.
The person in this role will:
• Work with product teams to create, update and publish API documentation, providing guidance on how best to accommodate developer audiences
• Complete editorial reviews of API content by following Chase standards for style, grammar as well as voice and tone
• Contribute to the success of the larger digital content team, partnering with team members and leadership to deliver best-in-class content and to help define ongoing vision for content as a whole
• Create content strategies for projects and initiatives in their area of focus
• Collaborate with content team leadership and other partners to identify areas of opportunity within their area of focus, including process improvements, training opportunities, success sharing, etc.
• Create strong relationships with partners outside of content to be aware of and create solutions for any roadblocks and help promote overall success
We’re looking for a seasoned content designer with a proven track record of success, including:
• A strong grasp of the end-to-end content product development process and agile content methodologies
• 5+ years of technical writing experience in a API Management Environment
• 5-7 years of experience writing and editing customer-facing content for the digital space
• Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree, preferably in English, Journalism, Technical Writing or other communications-related field, or equivalent work experience.
• Experience with technology principles, including APIs, Swagger, programming languages and version control
• Familiarity with tools, such as Bitbucket and Jira, and content management systems, including Adobe Experience Manager
• UX product content experience is a plus
• Exceptional project management skills, including the ability to manage schedules and deadlines for multiple projects
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a thorough knowledge of the English language, grammar, spelling, punctuation and usage; Spanish language proficiency is a plus, as is a firm understanding of the Associated Press style guide
• Proactive, solutions-oriented and very focused on the details
• Experience adhering to documented standards for copy, including writing according to Chase nuanced voice and tone
• Experience working on crossfunctional teams, interacting with designers, researchers, usability specialists, product managers, legal and compliance experts and line-of-business owners