This is a Rwanda Program effort to hire exceptionally high-potential candidates. We are looking to fill roles quickly in efforts to meet our program’s new expansion needs.
ACCELERATED HIRING FOR 2020 EXPANSION
Under our accelerated hiring efforts for 2020 Expansion, applicants will be considered for a variety of exciting and impactful jobs in One Acre Fund Rwanda. In all positions, you will be able to build your professional skills through field experience and direct interaction with smallholder farmers. Typical positions will manage a team and work on important projects that require collaboration with other teams and contribute to countrywide decisions and strategy in your area of expertise. When applying, you will be considered for multiple roles in One Acre Fund Rwanda.
Market Access Associate: Build farmer prosperity by connecting them to markets for their harvests. Design and run pilots, partner with buyers, build operations, analyze results to develop long-term strategy
Seed Operations Lead: Improve our input seed processing operations to prepare for future scale. Manage a team and improve our data management
Agricultural Impact and Behavior Change Lead: Increase farmer impact by improving compliance of proven agricultural practices through the development of agricultural trainings tested in the field that lead to farmer behavior change
Marketing and Radio Advertising Lead: Create an above the line marketing strategy to reach hundreds of thousands of Rwanda farmers. Research farmer behaviors, transform your research into radio/campaigns, and build the Marketing Unit to reach more farmers
Strategy & Operations Analyst: Work on large projects to guide strategy changes and improvements across departments. Manage projects end-to-end: understand the problem, plan, analyze data and implement
Repayment Operations Lead: Lead the team responsible for managing One Acre Fund Rwanda's portfolio of micro-finance farmer loans. Create annual strategy, lead team, and implement through the field team
Rural Retail Operations Lead: Take the reigns of the fastest-growing farmer program at OAF. Lead the 100+ person field team which runs our franchise program model and set up systems for scale, all while improving our value proposition to farmers.
We are looking for African professionals with a long-term commitment to our mission and Rwandan farmers. Candidates who fit the following criteria are encouraged to apply:
- 2+ years of work experience at similar organizations. A background in agriculture or social enterprise is preferred
- Patient, humble, enjoys working with diverse groups of people
- History of quickly producing impactful project results at scale
- Comfort with data analysis, able to work with data and make informed, evidence-based judgments
- Have a working knowledge of written and oral English (Kinyarwanda a plus)
- Experience leading teams to coordinate and accomplish projects
We have a culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll help shape a growing organization while building a rewarding long-term career.
We will complete the accelerated hiring for the 2020 Expansion by 30 March. See below for the accelerated hiring schedule
- February 21: Application Deadline
- After submitting your application: An online survey will be sent to you to complete at your convenience. You will also receive a separate email communication with a link to an online exercise that you can also complete at your convenience. Both the survey and exercise should take you 1-2 hours to complete combined.
- February 24 - March 6: Phone interviews (1 hour - scheduled on a rolling basis after you submit your exercise)
- March 9 - March 21: In Person Interviews (2-3 days in Rwanda, travel supported by One Acre Fund - scheduled on a rolling basis)
- March 30: Offers made to candidates
Note: We understand that some candidates, especially those outside Rwanda, may have difficulty scheduling in person interviews. Please note any restrictions we should know about when filling out the application form below.
PREFERRED START DATE
Negotiable, but ASAP preferred
Determined by experience
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
SPONSOR INTERNATIONAL CANDIDATES
Yes, we can sponsor visas for all African nationals only.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We are growing quickly. We currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.