Athletic Communications Assistant Full-time Job4 months ago - Administration, Business and Management - Latrobe - 260 views
Deadline to apply: February 10, 2021
Marketing and Communications at Saint Vincent College currently has an opening for an Athletic Communications Assistant. This is a full-time temporary position with benefits. As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, Saint Vincent College will have 22 of its 24 NCAA Division III varsity athletic programs competing during the Spring 2021 semester. With increased demand for livestreaming events and dedicated sports information representatives for each team, this position will fill a need that has arisen from the busier-than-normal spring athletic season. Additionally, in working to limit the number of visitors and non-SVC personnel on campus during the Spring 2021 semester, the Sports Information assistant may be asked to assist in other ways for home athletic events, dependent upon the number of athletic events taking place on a certain day.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in communication, journalism, marketing, sports management, broadcasting or a similar field required.
Experience: 1-2 years of experience in collegiate or professional sports information, athletic communications or media relations.
- Assist in daily operations for media and public relations for the Saint Vincent College Department of Athletics and its teams, student-athletes and coaches.
- Serve as the point of contact within athletics for half (11) of the 22 varsity sports competing during the spring 2021 season.
- Maintain statistics and file statistical reports as required by the NCAA and Presidents’ Athletic Conference.
- Assist with managing and updating the official athletics website, athletics.stvincent.edu, in a timely manner.
- Assist with managing social media accounts of the Saint Vincent College Department of Athletics (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube) and closely monitor and assist with the maintenance of social media accounts of the Department’s varsity teams.
- Provide content and assist with design of game programs, recruiting brochures, schedule cards, posters and other official Department publications.
- Nominate teams, student-athletes and coaches for weekly and yearly national, regional and conference awards.
- Perform various duties for home games, which can include managing press box and press row areas, public address announcing, photography, music, scoreboard, etc. Additional game day responsibilities may be required due to limited staffing and personnel permitted at home venues due to COVID-19 pandemic.
- Assist with developing promotional and coverage plans for the College’s five club sport programs through the College’s website and social media platforms.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Expertise in AP style writing.
- Expertise in operating in-game statistical software, including Stat Crew/The Automated Scorebook, and Genius LiveStats for baseball/softball, men’s and women’s basketball, football, men’s and women’s lacrosse, soccer, tennis, and men’s and women’s volleyball.
- Knowledge of back-end website content management through SIDEARM.
- Proficiency in desktop publishing and graphic design through the Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and Acrobat.
- Demonstrated proficiency in managing various social media platforms including Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and YouTube.
- Competency in video production through Adobe Premiere, iMovie or similar software.
- Experience in the set-up, production and post-production of live video and audio web streams.
- Knowledge of NCAA Division III and Presidents’ Athletic Conference rules and regulations.
All positions require the incumbent to be able to fully embrace the unique mission and identity of the College as a Catholic, Benedictine liberal arts and sciences institution. Saint Vincent College is committed to diversity and encourages applicants from all qualified candidates. Saint Vincent College is committed to building a diversified and competent population of faculty and staff, and encourages applications from women and minorities. Saint Vincent is an equal opportunity employer.
Send a Cover Letter, Resume, And Three References To
Director, Office of Human Resources
Saint Vincent College
300 Fraser Purchase Road
Latrobe, PA 15650
- Non-profit Organization Management
- Higher Education
- Education Management
- Public Relations