BigCommerce Developer Full-time Job1 year ago - Computing and ICT - Culver City - 464 views
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
Our company is devoted to doing the best possible work for our clients and maintaining a fun, thriving environment for our team. You will work side by side with top talent to improve your skills and advance the company as a whole. We listen to your ideas and use them.
We offer opportunities for growth and training and the best profit sharing bonus plan in the industry. Up to 50% of all profits are paid out monthly to all full-time employees! All team members enjoy paid time off and subsidized gym memberships. In addition, our in-house team members enjoy flex days, free Friday lunches, regular company events, higher base salaries, and comprehensive insurance. We offer medical, vision, and life insurance in all US states.
We consider all applicants for positions at our company and while we prefer in-house employees, 70% of our team work remotely around the world thanks to the time tracking software, Time Doctor. We welcome all applicants, wherever in the world you might be!
YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- Strong knowledge of BigCommerce platform
- An expertise in BigCommerce theme development and customization
- Expert level knowledge of BigCommerce Stencil framework (handlebars, front matters etc)
- Comfortability working with Storefront APIs and Stencil util-APIs
- A thorough understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues
- Strong understanding of responsive web design techniques
- Understanding of W3C web standards/semantics and accessibility guidelines
- An ability to work on multiple projects and tasks at the same time
- A great attention to detail and be highly organized
- A positive and upbeat attitude with the ability to learn quickly
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in BigCommerce website development
- Experience with WordPress, Magento, and Shopify (preferred)
- Experience with ReactJS/AngularJS (preferred)
- Proficiency in PHP/MYSQL and AJAX (preferred)
- Excellent written and spoken English
- The availability to work 40 hours per week from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm PST
- The ability to adapt to a diverse and multicultural environment
- Passion to build a startup
- Reliable transportation if working in-house
- A reliable workstation with a fast computer, microphone and speakers, webcam, reliable internet and power if working remotely
- BigCommerce certification (preferred)
YOUR DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Developing eCommerce sites on BigCommerce platform
- Developing custom BigCommerce themes
- Migrating websites from other eCommerce platforms to BigCommerce
- Extending BigCommerce functionalities to next level using storefront APIs, Stencil util-API
- Integrating third party and platform supported apps in the sites
- Setting up payment integration, shipping methods and taxes in BigCommerce platform
- Optimizing page speed of BigCommerce Sites
- Implementing SEO/CRO best practices in BigCommerce sites
- Upgrading sites from BluePrint to Stencil Framework
- Transforming complex PSD layouts into pixel-perfect presentation layer HTML5/CSS3 templates
- Creating responsive website designs
- Working with version control systems such as GIT / SVN
- Working under tight deadlines
- Handling multiple projects at the same time
- Producing high-quality work with a strong focus on detail
Remote/Telecommuting optional. No education or experience required for candidates who excel in our skills tests.
We base our SEO, web design, PPC, social, SMS, and email strategies on hard data and scientifically tested techniques. Our 600+ successful client case studies prove the ROI our methods provide.
Many of our competitors are just web design companies who have read a few blog posts about digital marketing, know buzzwords like “SEO” and “PPC”, and think they can provide these services. Coalition's team members have over EIGHTEEN centuries of cumulative digital marketing work experience.