Communications Coordinator Full-time Job4 months ago - Retail and Customer Services - Brooklyn - 326 views
Job title: Communications Coordinator
Location: USA, remote
Commitment: Full time
Reporting to: Head of Communications
Key relationships: External stakeholders and partners; global program & development team; Board of Directors; global leadership team
Salary: Commensurate with experience; excellent benefits
INTRODUCTION: Founded in 2011, Lifebox is a non-profit organization working to make surgery and anesthesia safer around the world. Registered in the UK, US, and Ethiopia with colleagues in over 100 countries, Lifebox develops and implements tools, training, and strategies for improving the safety of surgery and anesthesia in low and middle-income countries.
About the role: Requires a dynamic individual seeking to build their communication skills as a member of a global surgery organization focused on impact. You will have the opportunity to shape and contribute to all aspects of the Lifebox communications strategy, from content development to campaign creation, events planning to media outreach. Ideal position for a self-starter seeking to be part of a small, fast-paced international team with opportunities to gain experience and responsibility. Regular domestic and international travel must be expected up to 10-20% of time.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES AND ROLES (not Limited To)
- Support the Head of Communications in the delivery of all aspects of the global communications strategy
- Develop ideas and create content for Lifebox website, social platforms, and other outlets
- Oversee and optimize the Lifebox website
- Manage Lifebox’s social media platforms and grow these audiences
- Develop materials for Lifebox’s fundraising and marketing activities
- Coordinate Lifebox’s event planning for key professional conferences, webinars, and other events (representing Lifebox at U.S. based conferences and events)
- Maintain and curate Lifebox’s audio-visual library
Professional Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Minimum two years communications experience
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills in English (other relevant languages a plus)
- Strong understanding of social media and other digital tools
- Experience working in a non-profit
- Familiarity with managing websites
- Passion for, and strong commitment to, Lifebox’s objectives and principles
- Organized and goal oriented
- Flexible and comfortable with a fast-paced international work environment
- Self-motivated with a proven ability to take initiative
- Ability to prioritize competing tasks and work to deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills
To apply please submit a resume and cover letter stating your motivation for the position and how you meet the selection criteria. No calls please.
Deadline for receipt of first round of applications: Midnight EST on February 22, 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be held via Zoom.
Lifebox Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity.
- Non-profit Organization Management
- Hospital & Health Care
- Public Relations