Cybersecurity Advocacy Director Full-time Job2 weeks ago - Computing and ICT - Manhattan - 4 views
Job Function: Information Technology
Industry: Financial Services
Experience Level: Director
Education Level: Bachelors Degree
Job Classification: Business Professional
Location: Manhattan, NY 55 Water Street New York. Second preference- New Jersey
Zip Code: 10041
Skills: Represent DTCC’s cybersecurity program in financial services technology section, Good public presence, public policies, regulatory rules, rules interpretations
Experience Required: 12years
Relocation Assistance: Limited Assistance.
VISA Requirements: Only US Citizens and Greencard Holders
Number of positions: 1
Note: This is NOT a Cybersecurity Engineer or Network Security engineer role. There are not direct reports under this role.
DTCC wants to hire someone who can be the face of the company and represent it cybersecurity conferences, trade shows, associations in the FinTech.
The candidate must have experience working (engagement or liaison) with government agencies, regulators, and supervisory bodies overseeing Cybersecurity for Financial Services & FinTech industry.
- Support DTCCs participation in Financial Services and Financial Technology Sector cybersecurity and resiliency policy initiatives and activities
- Support the development and implementation of a strategic engagement strategy with trade associations, industry peers, sector partners, and other interested stakeholders
- Collaborate with DTCC Global Policy groups on activities that require technology risk management engagement
- Work with Marketing and Communications partners on talking points related to cybersecurity
- Participate in the response to trade association, regulatory and other initiatives related to cybersecurity and resiliency topics
Talents Needed for Success:
- Minimum of 10 years in cybersecurity and public policy (regulatory rules, rules interpretations, and guidance pertaining to cybersecurity)
- Masters or bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 10-15% Travel Required
- Experience with cyber security, public policy, and regulatory issues
- Knowledge of the domestic and international supervisory and regulatory rules, rules interpretations, and guidance pertaining to cybersecurity, operational and cyber resiliency
- Demonstrated knowledge of Financial Services and Financial Technology Sector-wide cybersecurity initiatives
- Knowledge of and experience engaging in critical infrastructure protection processes
- Demonstrated knowledge of cybersecurity and cyber resiliency program concepts
- Ability to communicate with senior management, internal departments and external audiences, including lawmakers/policymakers, regulators, standard setting bodies and trade associations
- Ability to explain and articulate technical concepts using non-technical language
- Knowledge of security methodologies, policies, standards and best practices
Why you'll love this job:
Our Risk Management teams work to protect the safety and soundness of our systems and are responsible for identifying, managing, measuring and mitigating a spectrum of key risk types including credit, market, liquidity, systemic, operational and technology in all existing and new products, activities, processes and systems.
As a team member you will partner with FRM SMEs and Technology to support FRM system related projects; Liaised with stakeholders to assess, analyze, capture, document, communicate, validate and deliver business and system requirement for FRM application.
About Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation (DTCC)
With over 45 years of experience, DTCC is the premier post-trade market infrastructure for the global financial services industry. From operating facilities, data centers and offices in 16 countries, DTCC, through its subsidiaries, automates, centralizes and standardizes the processing of financial transactions, mitigating risk, increasing transparency and driving efficiency for thousands of broker/dealers, custodian banks and asset managers. Industry owned and governed, the firm simplifies the complexities of clearing, settlement, asset servicing, data management, data reporting and information services across asset classes, bringing increased security and soundness to financial markets. In 2018, DTCC’s subsidiaries processed securities transactions valued at more than U.S. $1.85 quadrillion. Its depository provides custody and asset servicing for securities issues from 170 countries and territories valued at U.S. $52.2 trillion. DTCC’s Global Trade Repository service, through locally registered, licensed, or approved trade repositories, processes over 14 billion messages annually. To learn more, please visit us at or connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
Independent recruiters use Reflik to gain access to hundreds of open positions and large cash rewards.
Companies use Reflik to find highly-qualified candidates for up to 50% less cost and in 50% less time than traditional recruiting methods.