Data Analyst Full-time Job1 month ago - Computing and ICT - Los Angeles - 113 views
san francisco, los angeles, overland park, chicago, new york
Replica is an enterprise data platform that delivers critical insights about the built environment. With better data, human-context and an intuitive design, Replica helps public and private sectors make informed, effective, and responsive decisions. By showing how people live, move and work, we contextualize hard choices, allowing our clients to see around corners and understand the trade-offs surrounding their decisions. Whether for a city planner increasing public transit to underserved neighborhoods or for a grocery chain evaluating where to open a new location, Replica’s insights lets clients make more informed, people-centered decisions.
We spun out of Alphabet in 2019 and recently secured series B funding from venture firms including Founders Fund, Innovation Endeavors, Sidewalk Labs, Firebrand Ventures, and Revolution’s Rise of the Rest Seed Fund. Today, we are a team of 50 employees with offices in San Francisco, New York and Kansas City.
We value our customers, believe in being resourceful, and work in service of each other to scale our product. As we build our team, we are committed to pursuing and bringing together a diverse workforce and creating an environment of inclusion. We value our differences and we encourage all to apply. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, Veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
As our engineering team grows, we are looking for a data engineer working on geo data related data pipelines and data products. As an early member on the team, you will balance speed and quality as you build out new features for our customers.
You will collaborate with engineers, design, research and development, and customers to enable additional methods of querying and create valuable data visualizations for every customer.
Supported by Data Engineering Manager who reports to the Director of Engineering. Primarily collaborates with Product, Data Management and Procurement and Customer Success teams as cross-functional partners.
- Work closely with the customer success team to fully understand their needs and respond quickly to their feedback.
- Establish testing strategy and best practices and own the process and automation for data intake, QA and data delivery.
- Identify gaps and invent processes, automated scripts, and tools to efficiently carry out geo data processing tasks in a scalable fashion.
- Add logging, observability, and notification for data workflows.
- Actively contribute to company culture by mentoring engineers, contributing to documentation, and actively collaborating with cross-functional groups.
- 5+ years of experience working with data engineering projects.
- 3+ years as a software engineer.
- Efficiency with automation and tooling languages like python to build reusable components/tools.
- Proven experience working with data pipelines at scale and knowledge of common big data frameworks, such as hadoop/bigquery.
- Experience with common geo format (e.g., geojson, geodatabases like postgresql/postgis) is a plus
- Technologies: Python, PostGIS, Pandas, Big Query, Java, Python, JTS, Cron.
What We Value
- We work in the service of others
- We understand that talent + diversity + curiosity + relentlessness wins
- We believe walking > talking
- We operate with thoughtful urgency
- We communicate openly and directly
- We build products people use
- Our people! We work as a team and are excited to contribute to city planning
- Competitive salary based on experience and potential for impact
- Equity at an early stage startup
- Health benefits including medical, dental, vision, FSA and HSA options
- 401k account + employer contribution
- Offices in San Francisco, CA, New York and Kansas City
- Flexible PTO
Replica is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Ability to operate at both a strategic/conceptual level and at a detailed, operational level metrics driven; highly disciplined
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, maturity and good judgment and be capable of communicating with a diverse range of individuals
- A hands-on, action-oriented approach that fits well with the entrepreneurial, fast-paced culture
- Engaging leadership style that builds and sustains credibility with colleagues, clients and other stakeholders
- Broad functional experience in areas of strategic planning and marketing, sales and market development and planning
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria above, but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
Replica offers public agencies, land developers, and the community at large a complete sense of city movement patterns. The result is a higher confidence in critical transportation and land use decisions. Replica has three distinct advantages:
We create a new Replica every three months allowing comparisons of trip patterns over time and showing how people respond to new infrastructure and policies on the ground.
A more detailed picture
We replicate trip data for every street and transit route, every neighborhood and census tract, every moment of the day.
We calibrate our models against ground-truth data from public agencies to ensure accuracy and precision.