Digital Content Creator / Website Designer Full-time Job3 months ago - Computing and ICT - Arlington - 165 views
GOPAC is the leading Republican organization dedicated to educating, electing, and advancing the next generation of Republican leaders. Founded in 1978 by Delaware Governor Pete du Pont, GOPAC grew within its first decade to be one of the nation’s largest and most influential partisan political action committees. Today, under the leadership of David Avella, GOPAC continues to be a force in American politics as it ensures a healthy roster of prepared and tested state leaders are ready to lead in their legislatures and/or run for higher office. Further information can be found at .
Position Scope and Responsibilities
The Digital Content Creator / Website Designer, under the direction of the Executive Director, is responsible for the overall development, maintenance, and strategy behind GOPAC’s use of digital technology to enhance our reputation as a leading republican organization. He/she will be an expert at using digital content and platforms to communicate complex ideas to audiences across the country. The Digital Content Creator / Website Designer will provide support for web design and microsite development, social media/interactive strategy and tracking, multimedia development and deployment, search engine optimization, email, and viral marketing, and analytics reporting for the organization. This position will require collaboration between all departments and vendors. This includes providing guidance and support to staff creating messaging and digital content. Specific duties may include but are not limited to the following:
· Work with the organization’s leadership to define the scope and recommend strategies for all major digital projects and manage budgets for all aspects of those projects.
· Work as part of the organization’s communication team to enhance online content.
· Work closely with staff from all departments to develop and execute web, email, interactive media, and social media campaigns and strategies that support communication goals.
· Create and maintain content strategy vision to a full range of content types, from HTML/web content, multimedia content, and social content.
· Lead both internal staff and external consultants in the implementation of creative strategies and executions.
· Constantly monitor, identify and implement new technologies to enhance the organization's digital presence.
Required Skills & Experiences:
• Must have experience working with social and digital media platforms
• Experience managing social media campaigns and advising on emerging trends in video, mobile, and content marketing
• Experience applying and using web analytics and online surveys to guide strategy and improve digital performance by focusing resources on growth opportunities
• Experience administering web content management systems
• Experience with HTML, CSS, Drupal, and graphic design tools, such as Adobe Creative software (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat Professional, etc.)
• Proficient in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills.
• Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
• Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to take initiative, work independently, and work as a member of a team.
• Capacity to understand complex and unfamiliar subjects.
• Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule, including some evenings and weekends.
• Knowledge of word processing, and spreadsheet programs and general familiarity with database programs.
Bachelor’s degree in related field required. Recognized credentials or achievements from professional political operations /organizations preferred. Graphic design experience a must.
Commensurate with experience. GOPAC benefits package applicable.
To apply, please send your resume, writing samples, and salary requirements.
No phone calls, please.