Digital Engagement Specialist Full-time Job1 year ago - Retail and Customer Services - Washington, D.C. - 479 views
350.org is looking for someone who is passionate about setting up engaging paid campaigns on social media that will help grow 350’s supporter base globally and strengthen the environmental movement.
350.org is building a global grassroots movement to solve the climate crisis. Our online campaigns, grassroots organizing, and mass public actions are led from the bottom up by thousands of volunteer organizers in over 188 countries. 350.org works hard to organize in a new way—everywhere at once, using online tools to facilitate strategic offline action. We want to be a laboratory for the best ways to strengthen the climate movement and catalyze transformation around the world. The values that guide and drive our work are listed here.
350.org is an equal opportunity employer. 350.org strives to be an inclusive and collaborative group of people who bring a variety of approaches to the work we do. We’re committed to the principles of justice, and we try to build a safe workplace where everyone is treated fairly and enjoys working together. We value new perspectives, ideas of all sorts, and different ways of working. Diverse perspectives and experiences improve the way 350.org carries out our work – including what we decide to work on and how creatively/effectively we do that. We do our best to make staff positions accessible to all potential team members, regardless of race, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, assigned gender, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or identity, religion or creed, veteran status, marital or parental status, and genetic information. We also strive to include team members in communities most impacted by climate change or impacted by other kinds of environmental, social, and economic injustice.
About the Digital Engagement Specialist
As 350.org’s Digital Engagement Specialist, you'll play a critical role in helping us scale our paid media spend across social media channels, specifically on Facebook, Instagram and Google to strengthen 350.org’s supporter base and stop fossil fuels. We're looking for someone who loves collaborating and creating engaging ad campaigns, loves data and number crunching, and is great at communicating and sharing results and best practices with the rest of the organization. You'll work closely with global and regional teams to set up compelling campaigns that are tailored for country and cultural context and also respect 350’s voice, values and mission.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Build and manage Facebook, Instagram, and Google ads in partnership with regional digital and fundraising teams globally.
- Work with data and analytics team to create weekly reports on key growth metrics, cost per acquisition, opt-ins. And in the long-term analyze activity of new leads on our email lists.
- In collaboration with digital teams, prepare content for paid media campaigns that are in line with 350’s visual identity and organizational voice.
- Create plans for longer term campaigns that systematically test optimal design, message framing, copy and landing pages.
- Work with regional teams to help promote, advertise and distribute important campaign launches and pieces of content like videos.
- Conduct research to stay informed on changes in the industry that could impact the overall success of paid media campaigns.
- Track advertising expenses against the designated digital advertising budget.
- Regularly share best practices, trainings and key learnings back to the communications and digital teams to infuse a culture of testing and data-driven decision making.
- Other social media duties as needed.
- Proven track record of developing digital advertising campaigns
- Experience using Facebook Ads Manager, Google Adwords, Google Analytics, running A/B tests
- Strong understanding of digital analytics, including ability to collect, analyze and interpret data to guide data-informed decision-making
- Ability to set strategy driven goals and report back on progress
- Familiarity working in, or with partners from, the Global South
- Experience working with geographically dispersed teams
- Good oral, written and presentation skills, with the ability to translate complex information and implications for a variety of audiences
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience working collaboratively across cultures and timezones
- Strong understanding of online and offline organizing, mobilization, and direct action
Desired (but not required) skills and experiences
- Experience using some (or all) of the online platforms employed by the digital team, including but not limited to Action Kit, Action Network, WordPress, and social media channels.
- Experience working in a multilingual context, managing a multilingual digital presence
- Understanding & experience working with marginalized communities deeply affected by climate change and fossil fuels, such as indigenous communities on the front lines of fighting the extractive industry
- Demonstrated proficiency around equity, diversity, and anti-oppression work inside organizations
We are looking for someone who is comfortable working both independently and in teams, highly responsive, and able to lead initiatives as well as take direction from others.
Position Type: Full time
Application Deadline: This job is open until filled, or the hiring manager determines that they can no longer accept applications.
Application: In addition to your cover letter and resume, only applicants who answer the following three questions will be considered for an interview:
- Explain the most successful Facebook ad campaign that you’ve run. What was the goal and how did you meet it?
- How do you think paid acquisition supports 350.orgs mission and values?
- From a quick look at 350.org’s social media presence what is ONE thing we could test that may help with growth and/or engagement?
Start Date: flexible
Compensation: competitive compensation based on experience (SG9) Brazil: $181,350 BRL, USA: $74,400 USD, Colombia: $93,000,000 COP
Location: Remote (North America, LATAM preferred GMT - 7 to GMT - 4)
If you have suggestions for us on how to do this better, we really value your input and strongly encourage you to write to us at with the subject line ‘Hiring Feedback’....