Director of Product Marketing Full-time Job1 week ago - Administration, Business and Management - New York City - 27 views
san francisco, los angeles, overland park, chicago, new york
Replica is an enterprise data platform that delivers critical insights about the built environment. With better data, human-context and an intuitive design, Replica helps public and private sectors make informed, effective, and responsive decisions. By showing how people live, move and work, we contextualize hard choices, allowing our clients to see around corners and understand the trade-offs surrounding their decisions. Whether for a city planner increasing public transit to underserved neighborhoods or for a grocery chain evaluating where to open a new location, Replica’s insights help clients make more informed, people-centered decisions.
We spun out of Alphabet in 2019 and recently secured series B funding from venture firms including Founders Fund, Innovation Endeavors, Sidewalk Labs, Firebrand Ventures, and Revolution’s Rise of the Rest Seed Fund. Today, we are a team of 50 employees with offices in San Francisco, New York and Kansas City.
We value our customers, believe in being resourceful, and work in service of each other to scale our product. As we build our team, we are committed to pursuing and bringing together a diverse workforce and creating an environment of inclusion. We value our differences and we encourage all to apply. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, Veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Replica’s technical team consists of industry veterans from Google, Uber, Lyft, Dropbox, as well as academic researchers from top research institutions at the frontier of transportation planning and advanced modeling. The team is heavily mission-driven, with deep technical expertise on big data processing at scale, production software engineering micro-services, and domain knowledge in the field of transportation planning and movement patterns.
We are looking for a strategic, creative, data-driven Director of Product Marketing, who is passionate about improving the built environment with proven product marketing experience in enterprise or B2B software.
As the Director of Product Marketing, you’ll play a critical role in building the go-to-market strategies for Replica products. You are the fundamental link between product, sales and marketing, understanding and developing a cohesive narrative that will resonate with our key customer segments. You have deep functional experience creating effective marketing campaigns that have proven to expand the footprint of customer bases. Lastly, you will help influence the product roadmap through market and customer insights.
The Director of Product Marketing will report to the Chief Product Officer and will interface with product, sales, marketing, and our customer success teams.
- Lead the development and championing of customer personas and customer journeys through qualitative and quantitative research.
- Develop product positioning, value propositions, and messaging (hierarchy) to be used throughout the customer journey, cascading from sales to marketing all the way through to the product.
- Develop data-driven lifecycle marketing and cross-sell strategies to promote product growth and retention.
- Partner with our sales, marketing, communications, and customer success teams to generate high-quality content for end-users and partners including emails, blogs, webinar content, uses cases/customer stories, and more.
- Work closely with Product Management to shape product strategy and develop the go-to-market vision for Replica’s products.
- 8+ years of experience in a product marketing role, preferably in B2B SaaS.
- Demonstrated ability in launching and growing innovative products, preferably with SaaS product lines.
- Proven track record of crafting compelling product positioning and solution narrative content.
- Extraordinary written communication skills: able to consolidate sophisticated ideas into clear, succinct executive summaries.
- Obsessive about customers, understanding what their goals, pain points, and values are.
- Self-starter, high-energy, with ability to execute on business objectives.
- Ability to multitask, change priorities rapidly and work through ambiguity with ease.
- Ability to be a recruiter: Replica hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!
- B.A. or B.S. degree (or higher) with marketing emphasis.
- And extra credit goes to: Experience or a degree in urban planning or similar discipline.
- We work in the service of others
- We understand that talent + diversity + curiosity + relentlessness wins
- We believe walking > talking
- We operate with thoughtful urgency
- We communicate openly and directly
- We build products people use
- Our people! We work as a team and are excited to contribute to city planning
- Competitive salary based on experience and potential for impact
- Equity at an early stage startup
- Health benefits including medical, dental, vision, FSA and HSA options
- 401k account + employer contribution
- Offices in San Francisco, CA, New York and Kansas City
- Flexible PTO
Replica is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Ability to operate at both a strategic/conceptual level and at a detailed, operational level metrics driven; highly disciplined
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, maturity and good judgment and be capable of communicating with a diverse range of individuals
- A hands-on, action-oriented approach that fits well with the entrepreneurial, fast-paced culture
- Engaging leadership style that builds and sustains credibility with colleagues, clients and other stakeholders
- Broad functional experience in areas of strategic planning and marketing, sales and market development and planning
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria above, but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
Replica offers public agencies, land developers, and the community at large a complete sense of city movement patterns. The result is a higher confidence in critical transportation and land use decisions. Replica has three distinct advantages:
We create a new Replica every three months allowing comparisons of trip patterns over time and showing how people respond to new infrastructure and policies on the ground.
A more detailed picture
We replicate trip data for every street and transit route, every neighborhood and census tract, every moment of the day.
We calibrate our models against ground-truth data from public agencies to ensure accuracy and precision.