Editorial Assistant Full-time Job3 weeks ago - Print and Publishing, Marketing and Advertising - New York City - 146 views
Do you have a way with the English language? Even better, are you a grammar nerd with a desire to help missions thrive? If that’s a yes, then we invite you to apply for our Editorial Assistant role on the creative team at Sanky Communications.
The Editorial Assistant Will
- Assist the Copy Editor with fact checking, editing and proofing copy for our nonprofit clients
- Collaborate closely with the creative team, including copywriters, creative leads and other designers
- Need to be flexible and able to thrive in a fast-paced agency environment with multiple deadlines
- Know when and how to ask questions
- Be active in learning to refine creative messaging for organizations ranging from animal shelters to social justice organizations
- Assist the Copy Editor in the management of day-to-day copy deliverables
- Proof and edit as necessary:
○ Direct mail packages (Be able to adhere to traditional and not-so-traditional direct mail writing approaches while ensuring consistency with brand standards of our clients)
○ Social media marketing (Understand the character limitations of a promoted Facebook post versus a carousel post on Instagram)
○ Email marketing for nonprofits (Be ready to learn — or already understand — the fundamentals of getting users to open and respond to emails)
○ Assist in all aspects of content development and quality assurance testing for large-scale web projects (Be open to learning and evolving copy editing skills in an ever changing technologically driven environment)
- Assist with small but important copywriting deliverables, such as an SMS post or Facebook fundraiser.
Desired Skills, Experience And Traits
- A can-do attitude
- Solid command of the English language
- Self-motivated and able to thrive in a collaborative environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Google Docs
- Stellar organizational skills with an obsessive eye for details and facts
- Ability to pass a short proofing test to prove you’re the one for the job
- Familiarity with G suite apps, Basecamp and Slack
- Knowledge of multi-channel marketing and fundraising for nonprofits
- Basic understanding of layout design for print and web
- Ability to verbally communicate copy editing decisions
Sanky offers extensive benefits including health, dental, 401K, as well as a free Citibike membership and a variety of other perks.
Tell us in one or two paragraphs why you think the Editorial Assistant position is the right fit for you. Please also include your resume.
- Marketing & Advertising
- Online Media
- Non-profit Organization Management
- Public Relations