Hardware/Systems Senior Architect - Avionics Computers Full-time Job2 weeks ago - Computing and ICT - Bloomington - 93 views
Bachelor's degree in systems engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience. Agile experience preferred.
A Department of Defense Top Secret security clearance is obtainable within 24 months. Applicants selected may be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
A Relocation package may be available for this position.
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for a Hardware/Systems senior architect. This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation’s core defense/intelligence services and systems. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
Successful candidates will have hardware systems architecture experience as well as an electronic module design and/or FPGA design background.
Candidates must have in-depth technical knowledge in the following areas:
- Interface Technology:
- Fibre Channel
- Display IO (DVI/Display Port/HDMI/ARICN 818/etc.)
- Processor Technology:
- X86 (Xeon, i7)
- Avionics Design
- System design for a rugged environment
- Requirements creation/allocation experience.
- Familiar with tactical embedded computing platforms including OpenVPX modules and backplanes
- Familiar with interfaces including 10/40/100Gig Ethernet (optical and copper), serial Front Panel Data Port (sFPDP), serial interfaces (RS-232/SDLC), INS/IMU systems and interfaces, FPGA design including DSP functions and advanced networking
- Familiarity with COTS module vendors
- Familiarity with cooling approaches including air-cooled, liquid-cooled, air flow through and liquid flow through
- Familiarity with power conversion from 270 VDC, 115 VAC/400Hz single- and three-phase
- Works independently as well as in a cross-functional team environment
- Communication skills: ability to communicate with quality, integrity and respect in a way that inspires others and encourages innovation and possibilities; ability to receive messages by telephone, in person, electronically and in writing; ask questions and rephrase statements to clarify meaning; ability to read, interpret and comprehend complex and verbal instructions; communicate across organizational levels; proficient English reading level to understand technical terminology used within the organization
- Time Management & Organizational skills: flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and assignments; ability to manage multiple projects and tasks; ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellence Behaviors: remain engaged, proactive and positive even in tough circumstances; own assignments and be fully accountable for their success; align actions, behaviors and conversations to what matters most; bring out the best in others and recognize the value in every person’s contributions; ability to work independently being proactive to resolve work issues or notify supervisor of resources needed; ability to coordinate with other employees and as part of a team.
RF system integration including RF signal chain analysis, antennae (including phased arrays), tuners, filters, amplifiers and ADC/DAC.
Optical systems experience including hyper-spectral imagers, LIDAR, EO/IR systems.