| || || || || || || || || || || |
Human Resources Manager
DC Metro Area
| || || |
| || |
| || |
Arlington, Virginia, USA. Worldwide Office.
YOUR POSITION WITH TNC
The Human Resources Manager provides full life-cycle human resource services for the Marketing Division, of 200+ talented marketers. This role is a first-stop resource for the following HR functions in support of the Division: talent acquisition, compensation, onboarding, performance management, offboarding, and reporting; as well as the following initiatives for the full Global Marketing team: staff development and training, employee engagement and outreach.
The Human Resources Manager is a critical supporting role on the Marketing Operations team, responsible for bringing top talent to the division, administering and maintaining HR systems, programs, procedures and plans according to HR policies. The primary responsibility of this role will be to provide guidance and assistance to all levels of personnel on various human resources (People) related issues or inquiries, as well as to support managers across the division, in all aspects of personnel management, including the recruitment of a diverse and talented workforce. This role offers the opportunity to work with many different roles and leaders across the Marketing Division, as well as with The People Team, and reports into the Director of Finance and Operations in Marketing.
RESPONSIBILITIES & SCOPE
- Manages recruitment, onboarding, and off-boarding efforts for the Marketing Division, including:
- Drafting and maintaining job descriptions, job postings, new hire paperwork, preparing new hire orientation materials, and maintaining organizational charts.
- Source and identify top talent through appropriate networks and provide recommendations to hiring manager.
- Provides training and resources to hiring panel to ensure best practices are followed, and that they are in compliance with TNC SOP’s.
- Development of an efficient recruiting process in alignment with our diversity recruitment efforts, identifying recruiting challenges and implementing creative solutions.
- Provides monthly reporting against recruiting goals and metrics.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate personnel files; Peoplesoft data entry and processing employment changes, maintaining data integrity; responding to employee inquiries, and providing general administrative support to the needs of the Marketing Operations team.
- Responds to routine employee/management questions and problems based on developing knowledge of aspects applicable to the subject area.
- Plans, hosts, and in some cases, facilitates trainings tailored to Marketing and professional development offerings.
- Project manages the planning of employee engagement activities and the employee recognition program.
- Coordinates with the Finance team on personnel budgets and relevant changes such as pay adjustments and changes to benefits, that may impact budget.
- Coordinates the annual performance management process and compensation cycle.
- Provides data, reports and analysis as requested.
- Improves workflow of existing processes to solve problems and achieve results.
- Coordinates efforts of special project activities within assigned functions.
- Maintains confidentiality in handling highly sensitive employee data.
- May supervise one or more administrative or professional staff.
- Bachelor’s degree or a minimum of 5 years related work experience in area(s) of specialization or equivalent combination.
- Experience coordinating and leading projects.
- Experience responding to HR related questions and problems from employees/management.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: database management and spreadsheet software; constructing and producing reports; data input, manipulation, and analysis.
- Experience working with MS Office software, including Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Multi-lingual skills and multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience appreciated.
- Advanced understanding of fundamental HR concepts, processes, and services.
- Strong organization, planning, and problem-solving skills, and attention to detail.
- Experience successfully managing and prioritizing multiple recruitments and projects for a variety of stakeholders, in a fast-paced working environment.
- Solid experience in attracting talent through alumni and social media networks, direct/cold call sourcing, traditional and creative sourcing methods and targeted referrals.
- Ability to work in partnership with others in a collaborative role.
- Advanced knowledge in current and evolving technology related to human resources.
- Ability to travel.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply to position number 48757, submit resume (required) and cover letter separately using the upload buttons. All applications must be submitted in the system prior to 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on July 6, 2020.
Click “submit” to apply for the position or “save for later” to create a draft application for future submission. Once submitted, applications cannot be revised or edited. Failure to complete required fields may result in your application being disqualified from consideration.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
The successful applicant must meet the requirements of The Nature Conservancy’s background screening process.