Integration Lead Full-time Job2 weeks ago - Computing and ICT - Fairfax - 68 views
Integration Lead for Submarine Training Systems - Linux Software
- Job type:Direct hire
- Job function:Information Technology
- Industry:Defense & Space
- Experience level:Mid-senior
- Education level:Bachelor’s degree
- Job classification:Business Professional
- Location:Fairfax, VA
- Zip code:22033
- Skills:Software Engineering, Linux, IT Industry, C++, Java, Python
- Experience required:5 Years
- Relocation assistance:Yes
- Visa requirement:US Citizenship is required
- Number of positions:1
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran
Bachelor's degree in software engineering or a related technical field is required (or equivalent experience), plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience. Agile experience preferred.
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for a Integration Lead for Submarine Systems - Software. This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation’s core defense/intelligence services and systems. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
The team that has opened this position delivers cutting edge training systems to the submarine fleets of both the US Navy and Royal Australian Navy. Their work is fast-paced and exciting, and often involves integrating software builds that are not yet complete in order to deliver training for systems and capabilities that are not yet present in the Submarine Fleet. Training is deployed to Navy Bases including San Diego, Pearl Harbor, Bangor, Norfolk, Groton, King's Bay and Perth, Australia.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Leads integration of deployed software into custom operating systems, including both Windows and Linux.
- Designs and develops software to interface with integrated training systems.
- Designs and develops new System Architectures to support customer and training needs.
- Takes charge of schedules and taskings to ensure the integration team meets customer deadlines.
- Identifies and mitigates risks presented by new taskings or increased scope of work.
- Provides leadership and mentorship of 10 to 15 software integrators.
- Travelling for up to two weeks at a time, four to six times a year is required.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Ability to maintain a complex schedule and multi-task
- Scripting experience with POSIX Shells (sh/bash/tcsh/ksh/etc)
- Ability to debug, triage and troubleshoot software and operating system bugs
- Understanding of virtualization and containerization concepts
- Understanding of DevOps methods, concepts and tools
- Experience in the SWFTS software community is preferred
- Software development experience with C/C++, Java or Python
- Experience with the Linux Operating Systems (RedHat/CentOS/Fedora preferred)
- Experience integrating software on Department of Defense platforms
A Bachelor's Degree in an engineering field is required for this position. Examples include but are not limited to Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering and Computer Engineering.
Department of Defense SECRET security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Independent recruiters use Reflik to gain access to hundreds of open positions and large cash rewards.
Companies use Reflik to find highly-qualified candidates for up to 50% less cost and in 50% less time than traditional recruiting methods.