- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- 3 years of professional communications experience in a business, media, entertainment or tech environment
- Experience in executive communications directly supporting leadership of a company or comparable entity
- Experience working on large events and projects that require cross-functional collaboration
- Experience with executive coaching, executive strategy or thought leadership
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; video, graphics or other multimedia expertise
About the job
We help inform opinion leaders and our own employees about the benefits of Google's products and our approach to the public policy issues of the day. This team drives executive and internal communications for the Global Affairs function - Public Policy, Legal, Trust and Safety, Ethics and Compliance. Day-to-day, you will work with senior leaders in Global Affairs to craft and deliver internal communications strategies, put together plans that help us communicate to employees on key issues, and support senior leaders in Global Affairs on their external engagements, such as speeches. To succeed in this role, you need to be an enthusiastic team player who can work cross-functionally with partners across Communications, Marketing, Product and beyond.
We help inform and educate users, advertisers, partners, opinion leaders--and our own employees--about the benefits of Google's products, our distinctive company culture/values and our approach to the big public policy issues of the day. You are quick-witted, entrepreneurial and intellectually curious. To succeed in this role, you are willing to try new things and can manage numerous projects with tight deadlines. Things happen quickly at Google, and to do great work, you need to be an enthusiastic team player who can work cross-functionally with partners across PR, comms, marketing, product and beyond.
- Craft and execute overall internal and executive communication strategies against objectives for Google’s Global Affairs team.
- Partner with senior executives across Global Affairs (Public Policy, Legal, Trust and Safety, Ethics and Compliance) to develop and deliver compelling messages to internal audiences, including their own organizations, and the rest of the company.
- Work with and advise senior leadership on the right forum, timing, and content to ensure employees are in the know, inspired, and empowered to meet our goals.
- Develop, write, and edit communications for our internal channels. Distill complex subjects into coherent and easy-to-understand language.
- Develop communications materials for Google executives, such as speeches and editorial, and support senior leaders in Global Affairs on their external engagements with members of the media and opinion formers.