IT Project Manager Full-time Job7 months ago - Computing and ICT - Austin - 642 views
The IT Project Manager/Scrum Master is responsible for providing project management coordination, support, and assistance in all aspects of projects and programs. Works primarily with senior level internal clients.
This includes project planning, execution, timing, functionality, quality, communication and cost (overall accountability from original concept through the final implementation of IT solutions).
Managing on-time and on-budget delivery of new and enhanced business capabilities that meet or exceed expectations is an integral part of the role. Responsible for global projects. Financial responsibility to meet budget and financial goals. Demonstrated and proven delivery track of large-scale programs. Technical background.
Manages daily stand up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint planning, demos, and other scrum related activities.
Tracks and communicate scrum metrics including team velocity and sprint/release progress.
Ensures Agile/Scrum concepts and principles are adhered to including continuous integration builds and coaches team in implementing and practicing Agile Principles and methods.
Helps the product owner establish and enforce sprint priorities and release delivery deadlines.
Designs optimal solutions and prevent distractions that interfere with the ability of the team to deliver the sprint goals.
Ensures business objectives are understood and achieved.
Holds teams accountable for meeting iteration/sprint commitments.
Mediates, arbitrate, mitigate and facilitates impediments with the team members and the organizational hierarchy.
Works to get the job done, which may include some development.
Assists with internal and external communication, improving transparency and radiating information.
Supports team building and development by utilizing the abilities and skills of individuals, which can include:
Empowers and supporting self-organization
Facilitates discussion and conflict resolution
Fosters feedback culture
Promotes collaboration between many self-organizing, cross-functional development teams
Facilitates methods for the team to seek higher productivity levels
Maintains awareness of other development teams’ overall roadmap plan, decreasing the possibility of duplicate work being done between teams
Promotes and educates the entire organization to understand AGILE principles
REQUIRED SKILLS :
- 10+ years of total experience and 7+ years in Project Management.
- A proven track record of successful project implementation in a software or technology environment.
- Team management experience, comfortable matrix managing project teams of up to 20 people.
- Excellent client facing skills.
- Experience of the whole project life cycle, able to operate in the initial conceptual design stage, in the depths of system testing, and at each stage in between
- Thorough knowledge of program structuring and work planning
- The ability to foster motivation within the project team to meet tight deadlines.
- The ability to have a strong impact and influence key decisions
- Ability to successfully execute projects in an onshore/offshore resource model
- Exposure to different delivery SDLC methodologies
- Previous experience of package selection and vendor scoring
- Ability to Manage the scope change process and issue identification/resolution with all stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree.