Jr. Systems Engineer Full-time Job2 weeks ago - Computing and ICT - Schaumburg - 41 views
Experience level: Mid-senior
Experience required: 3 Years
Education level: Bachelor’s degree
Job function: Information Technology
Industry: Information Technology and Services
Total position: 1
Relocation assistance: No
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Jr Systems Engineer to join our team, initially as a Rotational Engineer (“RE”). Our company is equivalent to a Junior Systems Engineer or Helpdesk Engineer Level 3 and is responsible for traveling to and providing coverage for all of our one-person accounts. The RE (JR Systems Engineer / Helpdesk Engineer III) establishes, maintains, and provides the engineering direction needed to connect and configure servers on enterprise networks.
This position is also responsible for working cross-functionally across our clients' enterprise between technology and the rest of their business to design and implement large scale solutions. The Rotational Engineer / Jr. Systems Engineer/ Helpdesk Engineer 3 implements our company’s best practices and continually updates skills and certifications to keep current with the most current technology.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports both operational and engineering functions at the client account;
- Creates server installation engineering orders to drive the installation and configuration of new servers to the enterprise;
- Evaluates customer generated requirements and works with the client to ensure the implementation meets the client's needs;
- Works with technicians and engineering groups at both our companies and at the client location to troubleshoot and resolve issues as required;
- Prepares operational and technical documentation; and
- Performs other duties and assists with special projects as needed.
- Technical expertise, including proficiency in Microsoft Server operating systems, Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange server; mastery of Microsoft Desktop Operating Systems;
- Knowledge of system security;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Professional and personable;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to balance priorities and shift quickly;
- Ability to take ownership of area and follow assigned tasks through to successful completion;
- Client Service Excellence;
- Problem Solving Skills;
- Time Management;
- Flexibility; and
- Ability to drive to client sites across the Chicagoland area.