Lead, Culture and Employee Engagement Full-time Job8 months ago - Design, Arts and Crafts - Kigali - 64 views
Mastercard Foundation is a global foundation based in Toronto, Canada with several offices in Africa. Our programs promote financial inclusion and advance education and learning in Africa, primarily for young people, and in Canada for Indigenous youth. The Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. From inception, the Foundation was designed to be a separate entity and independent from Mastercard. Our policies, operations, and funding decisions are made by our President and Board of Directors.
The Foundation believes that youth employment is key to unlocking prosperity, both for youth and their societies. Enabling young women and men from disadvantaged communities to secure dignified and fulfilling work will ensure inclusive development and economic growth in Africa.
Values are timeless, they transcend and rise above all. They guide everything we do, as employees of the Foundation. We share a common vision of a world where everyone has the opportunity to learn and prosper. We make mistakes, we reflect, and we grow so that we can impact our world – it’s why we are here. We are ambitious and driven. We encourage you to bring your bold ideas, curiosity, and expertise to your work. We laugh at ourselves and with each other. We are a team. Our journey together makes our impact even more meaningful.
Reporting to the Foundation's Chief People & Culture Officer, the Lead will provide subject matter expertise to oversee the implementation of the Foundation's culture change journey and enhance employee experience and engagement at the Foundation. This is an individual contributor role supporting the Head, and Human Resources team, as needed.
WAYS YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
- Lead the co-creation of the Foundation's culture change journey and initiatives to embed the Foundation's culture.
- Design, customize and implement employee engagement and wellness strategies across the Foundation's various hubs (Toronto and African based hubs).
- Design and implement practical change management plans that support business initiatives.
- Develop the Foundation's Employee Value Proposition.
- Embed the Foundation's values, behaviors and competencies.
- Lead the design and implementation of employee events that support the embedding of the Foundation's culture.
- Enhance HR processes to enhance the employee experience.
- Provide ongoing support to leaders and managers to support the embedding of the Foundation's culture, values, behaviors and competencies.
- Lead or participate in key projects that help to advance the Foundation's teams, strategy, culture and employee engagement.
WHO YOU ARE
- You have a University degree, and completion of a recognized post-secondary Human Resources program OR equivalent experience; HR and training designations are an asset.
- Minimum of 10-15 years of progressive HR and organizational development experience, with a demonstrated ability to lead projects and processes.
- Experience in aspects of culture work within and organization including experience in integration of organizational values and behaviours.
- Experience managing a full-cycle of employee engagement/experience programs.
- Strength and expertise in needs analysis, design, development and delivery of organizational development solutions that align with organizational strategy.
- Proven experience in team building and dynamic group facilitation.
- Proven ability to hold senior-level and strategic conversations.
- Ability to negotiate and influence others.
- Hands-on change management experience (able to turn theory into practice). Demonstrated experience in leading change efforts from beginning to end with successful results.
- Outstanding communication skills (written and verbal) to present information to diverse groups at all levels of the organization.
- Proven ability to integrate strategic long-term organizational objectives and goals into program design and delivery.
- Ability to successfully handle multiple complex priorities concurrently.
- Well-developed analytical and conceptual thinking and excellent judgement.
- Sound judgement and business acumen.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships at all levels and be able to work individually or in a team environment.
- You are flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
- You possess excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
- You possess professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity that exemplify the Foundation’s values.
Closing date for applications is March 27, 2020.
Mastercard Foundation values the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Foundation and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. We appreciate your interest and advise that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly.
Completion of satisfactory business references and/or proof of education, as well as background checks (criminal, credit and social media) are essential conditions of employment.
If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please contact the People and Culture Department at . We will work with you to provide a positive recruitment experience in a confidential manner.