Lead, Talent Acquisition Full-time Job8 months ago - Administration, Business and Management - Kigali - 181 views
ABOUT MASTERCARD FOUNDATION
Mastercard Foundation is a global foundation based across four hubs in Kigali, Rwanda, Nairobi, Kenya, Accra, Ghana and Toronto, Canada. Our programs promote financial inclusion and advance education and learning in Africa, primarily for young people, and in Canada for Indigenous youth. The Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. From inception, the Foundation was designed to be a separate entity and independent from Mastercard. Our policies, operations, and funding decisions are made by our President and Board of Directors.
The Foundation believes that youth employment is key to unlocking prosperity, both for youth and their societies. Enabling young women and men from disadvantaged communities to secure dignified and fulfilling work will ensure inclusive development and economic growth in Africa.
Values are timeless, they transcend and rise above all. They guide everything we do, as employees of the Foundation. We share a common vision of a world where everyone has the opportunity to learn and prosper. We make mistakes, we reflect, and we grow so that we can impact our world – it’s why we are here. We are ambitious and driven. We encourage you to bring your bold ideas, curiosity, and expertise to your work. We laugh at ourselves and with each other. We are a team. Our journey together makes our impact even more meaningful.
We have entered a very exciting time at the Foundation as we scale up our operations across Africa to realize our Young Africa Works strategy. If you are an experienced Lead, Education and Skills professional ready to build something new and increase your impact, read on!
The Lead, Talent Acquisition is responsible for overseeing the sourcing, selecting and onboarding of new employees into the Foundation. The individual will be responsible for overseeing the talent acquisition function to include full-cycle recruitment activities, effective onboarding of new staff (current employees?), upholding service level agreements with the various stakeholders and timely implementation of talent acquisition initiatives. This individual will require a level of intellectual curiosity to understand some complex and sophisticated roles within the organization.
WAYS YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
- Oversee the recruitment and selection process for several operational and programmatic areas of the Foundation that span multiple geographies in Africa.
- Maintain an accurate headcount evolution record.
- Develop and implement innovative sourcing strategies.
- Develop and implement valid innovative selection methods for the different job families in the Foundation.
- Leading the Foundation’s onboarding which initially includes reviewing and implementing a robust onboarding program and associated processes.
- Continually evolving onboarding program to meet the Foundation’s growing needs.
- Develop effective talent acquisition policies.
- Develop a candidate pipeline for all key positions.
- Further leverage effective, modern and interactive talent acquisition systems.
- Play a key role in partnering across the business to advise and execute on best practices for acquiring talent. This includes screening and behavioural interviewing, negotiations and compensation, and closing strategies to ensure timely recruitment milestones are met.
- Work closely with other departments to proactively identify upcoming vacancies and develop recruitment strategies to build talent pipelines.
- Manage a team of talent acquisition professionals in the regions.
- Provide excellent communication with hiring managers, colleagues and other relevant stakeholders throughout the recruitment and selection process.
- Engage and collaborate with select agency partners and ensure successful performance; negotiate terms and Master Service Agreement (MSA).
- Develop and create reporting based on key metrics to measure against hiring goals and milestones.
WHO YOU ARE
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma and/or a postgraduate certificate in Business or Human Resources.
- Minimum of 6-8 years of experience in full cycle recruitment. Agency and corporate experience is preferred.
- Experience leading the design or exposure to understanding what makes up a best in class onboarding program.
- Understanding adult education principles through education or experience preferred.
- Proven success in direct sourcing talent for niche roles in domestic and foreign markets.
- Knowledge of legislation and regulations surrounding recruitment and selection practices across Africa.
- Strong ability in building and maintaining positive relationships.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to establish credibility and trust.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Demonstrated organization skills and ability to schedule tasks.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Team-oriented and skilled at working within a collaborative environment.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
- Professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity that exemplify the Foundation’s values.
Closing date for applications is March 27, 2020.
The Mastercard Foundation values the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the organization and we are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone.
Completion of satisfactory business references, background checks, and proof of education are essential conditions of employment.
If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please contact the People and Culture Department at . We will work with you to provide a positive recruitment experience in a confidential manner.