LINUX TCS Software Engineer Full-time Job2 weeks ago - Computing and ICT - Fairfax - 84 views
- Job type:Direct hire
- Job function:Information Technology
- Industry:Defense & Space
- Experience level:Mid-senior
- Education level:Bachelor’s degree
- Job classification:Business Professional
- Location:Fairfax, VA
- Zip code:22033
- Skills:Software Engineering, LINUX, Agile, IT Industry
- Experience required:5 Years
- Relocation assistance:Yes
- Visa requirement:US Citizenship is required
- Number of positions:1
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran
Bachelor's degree in software engineering or a related technical field is required (or equivalent experience), plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience. Agile experience preferred.
Keeping people safe worldwide is what we do. Developing mission-critical systems is how we do it. At General Dynamics Mission Systems, you’ll be part of the team that helps heroes make a true impact. The work we do is important. The challenges we face are career defining. The opportunity we can offer is one-of-a-kind.
We are ready to hire an Mid Level TCS Linux Software Engineer for the AN/BYG-1 Submarine Combat System delivered to the United States Navy (USN) Submarine fleet. Our close-knit team is passionate about delivering the best product to the Navy to help protect our country. Our team works closely with the Submarine community to develop solutions that allow the Navy to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
YOU'LL BE WORKING WITH A TEAM TO:
- Interact with product and service teams to identify questions and issues within current architecture
- Support migration of existing system architecture into an IaaS architecture with
- Support certification and deliver of new architecture
- Support the integration of IaaS architecture into the Continuos Integration/Continuous Delivery pipelines
- Shape future products by contributing to the architecture framework used across multiple products or systems
WHAT WE WANT YOU TO BRING TO OUR TEAM:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical field is required plus a minimum of 2 years relevant experience; or a Master’s degree in a related technical discipline; or 5+ years industry experience
- Proficiency in writing/troubleshooting software in C++ and/or Java within a Linux environment to meet the system requirements for the Navy
- Ability to write code test, integrate and document software solutions
- Ability to analyze system, functional and performance requirements and how they impact new or existing code
- Experience conducting software unit test, peer reviews and supporting integration and testing
- Familiarity with software cybersecurity tools and controls
- Experience implementing data fabric services and big data frameworks (architecture, algorithms, high availability, data replication, data protection, data reduction, file/object services, resiliency, tiering, snapshots, software encryption, artificial intelligence)
- Experience with relational databases suchas MySQL, postgres, mariaDB
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, and the ability to stay focused on completing tasks/deadlines within a dynamic environment
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS THAT WILL SET YOU APART:
- Experience with Agile development and working on sprint teams
- Creative thinking with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative (team) environment
- Ability to quickly grasp and apply new information
- Ability to handle more complex assignments as experience progresses
- Self-motivated, engaged, continuously learning and looking for ways to improve things
ONE LAST THING:
Department of Defense SECRET security clearance is REQUIRED at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required. Some travel and shift work may e required based on the program’s needs.
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran.
Independent recruiters use Reflik to gain access to hundreds of open positions and large cash rewards.
Companies use Reflik to find highly-qualified candidates for up to 50% less cost and in 50% less time than traditional recruiting methods.