Operations Administrative Assistant Full-time Job2 weeks ago - Administration, Business and Management - Herndon - 208 views
Growing Commercial Service Provider seeking administrative support for the Manager of Internal Administration.
With over 400 employees and having just celebrated our 18th year in business, we are a trusted building service contractor with an excellent reputation within our region. We continue to grow at a fast paced and even in the current pandemic, we are adding new business and tirelessly working to meet our customers needs.
This is where you come in! We need a whiz that enjoys working in a fast paced environment. If you speak, read and write English fluently, if you are a whiz on the computer, have strong interpersonal skills, can meet deadlines and enjoy working on multiple projects at the same time, then this is the position for you!
Position may be required to perform other duties as required.
These essential functions are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
What You Bring to the Table:
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred) and 1 year of directly related administrative support to executive level management. A combination of education and experience including military service, will also be considered.
- Ability to speak / read / write in English is a must; Bilingual in Spanish is preferred.
- Strong critical writing skills is imperative.
- Demonstrated experience working:
- Ability to work in fast paced environment in which communications / collaboration with team members is critical.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision, work effectively on teams and across organizational boundaries.
- Detail oriented, and strong time management skills, and the ability to remain poised under pressure.
- Strong critical thinking and active listening skills.
- Ability to take raw information (verbally and/or via e-mail) and convert to standardized documents.
- Competency with computer skills for database, web applications, and Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to use EXCEL/WORD/OUTLOOK/Office365/SharePoint and other tools to create schedules, tracking reports, training material.
- Planning, organizing, documenting, managing, and executing on-boarding projects from beginning to end. Ability to organize departmental documents & information in a manner that allows for easy access / retrieval.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with clients and coworkers
- Develop work plans and work instructions
- Prompt response to all tasks is a must, following up as needed to confirm requested action was taken and effectively addressed
- Handles multiple tasks, switches priorities and focuses as needed
- Actively contribute to departmental and company goals.
- Live within a commutable distance of Herndon, VA.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
- 1 year of administrative experience
- Fully bi-lingual in English and Spanish (preferred)
- A self-starter with a bias for action
- Excellent organization and project management skills
- Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing.
- A team player working for the betterment of the company with a roll-up your sleeve mentality
- Strong prioritization and multitasking skills; sees projects through to completion
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Detail oriented, organized, self starter, reliable, trustworthy, confidential
- Able to manage multiple projects, create work flows, monitor progress, complete action items
Job Type: Full-Time (40 hours per week).
Salary: $18.00 to $22.00 /hour
- Administrative Assistant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- United States (Required)
- Other forms
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Facilities Services