People Operations & Human Resources Director Full-time Job1 month ago - Administration, Business and Management - Overland Park - 98 views
san francisco or overland park, ks
Replica is an enterprise data platform that delivers critical insights about the built environment. With better data, human-context and an intuitive design, Replica helps public and private sectors make informed, effective, and responsive decisions. By showing how people live, move and work, we contextualize hard choices, allowing our clients to see around corners and understand the trade-offs surrounding their decisions. Whether for a city planner increasing public transit to underserved neighborhoods or for a grocery chain evaluating where to open a new location, Replica’s insights lets clients make more informed, people-centered decisions.
We value our customers, believe in being resourceful, and work in service of each other to scale our product. As we build our team, we are committed to pursuing and bringing together a diverse workforce and creating an environment of inclusion. We value our differences and we encourage all to apply. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, Veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
We spun out of Alphabet in 2019 and recently secured series B funding from venture firms including Founders Fund, Innovation Endeavors, Sidewalk Labs, Firebrand Ventures, and Revolution’s Rise of the Rest Seed Fund. Today, we are a team of 50 employees with offices in San Francisco, New York and Kansas City.
Replica is seeking a Human Resources professional with exceptional people management and recruiting skills to support and scale our team. We are looking for a candidate with practical knowledge implementing and managing our human resources initiatives, as well as driving recruiting and people operations. The right candidate will focus on culture, productivity, learning and engagement, remote support, resolving employee issues, coaching executives and managers, while developing their own team. If you love working with people and if you have 10+ years' experience in HR, Recruiting and DEI, we would love to talk to you about this position.
People Ops Director reports to the General Counsel, leads the people ops and talent acquisition team, and interacts with all hiring managers.
- Support and supervise people operations teams including talent acquisition, performance management and culture development.
- Forecast staffing needs with the management team to support business objectives.
- Drive diversity, equity and inclusion objectives in all recruiting and retention efforts.
- Manage performance review platform and process, coaching and supporting managers as needed.
- Mitigate risk and liability to the company, ensuring compliance with appropriate laws and regulations in a multi-state organization including open enrollments, benefit plans, etc.
- 10+ years experience in human resources progressive and management roles.
- 3+ years experience in an HR leadership position.
- Startup experience and founding HR experience a plus!
- Successful track record of building strong company culture including diversity, equity and inclusion
- Strong understanding of the interviewing process, benefits administration, payroll and other operation functions.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Knowledge of employment laws and regulations, experience with California, Kansas, and/or Missouri employment laws is a bonus.
- Computer and tech literate.
What We Value
- We work in the service of others
- We understand that talent + diversity + curiosity + relentlessness wins
- We believe walking > talking
- We operate with thoughtful urgency
- We communicate openly and directly
- We build products people use
- Our people! We work as a team and are excited to contribute to city planning
- Competitive salary based on experience and potential for impact
- Equity at an early stage startup
- Health benefits including medical, dental, vision, FSA and HSA options
- 401k account + employer contribution
- Offices in San Francisco, CA, New York and Kansas City
- Flexible PTO
Replica is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Ability to operate at both a strategic/conceptual level and at a detailed, operational level metrics driven; highly disciplined
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, maturity and good judgment and be capable of communicating with a diverse range of individuals
- A hands-on, action-oriented approach that fits well with the entrepreneurial, fast-paced culture
- Engaging leadership style that builds and sustains credibility with colleagues, clients and other stakeholders
- Broad functional experience in areas of strategic planning and marketing, sales and market development and planning
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria above, but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
Replica offers public agencies, land developers, and the community at large a complete sense of city movement patterns. The result is a higher confidence in critical transportation and land use decisions. Replica has three distinct advantages:
We create a new Replica every three months allowing comparisons of trip patterns over time and showing how people respond to new infrastructure and policies on the ground.
A more detailed picture
We replicate trip data for every street and transit route, every neighborhood and census tract, every moment of the day.
We calibrate our models against ground-truth data from public agencies to ensure accuracy and precision.