POLICE OFFICER RECRUIT Full-time Job2 weeks ago - Security, Uniformed and Protective Services - Savannah - 87 views
If you are a non-certified candidate or a candidate who needs to re-certify through the State of Georgia, please select and complete this application.
Before applying for this position, please review the Chatham County Police Department's Hiring Process and Background Standards by clicking here.
You may also view CCPD's Background Standards by clicking the details link to the left of this posting labeled 'CCPD Background Standards'.
Job Summary: Under the direction of the Chatham County Police Department, attends, participates, and successfully completes a P.O.S.T. Certified Basic Academy. Obtains classroom and practical instruction of the criminal justice system. Performs rigorous physical training. Learns to understand, interpret and apply criminal and civil laws, court decisions, regulations, policies and procedures with particular reference to the laws of arrest, use of force, custody, search and seizure, juvenile laws and procedures, property crimes, crimes against persons, crimes against children, sex crimes, domestic violence, missing persons, weapons violations, alcohol, and controlled substances. Demonstrates the ability to learn and implement police methods and procedures. Demonstrates the ability to learn and react as a first responder, implements crime scene management, forensics, collection, preservation, and presentation of evidence; identification techniques; interviewing and interrogation techniques. Demonstrates the ability to learn first aid, CPR, hazardous materials awareness, emergency management, and the Incident Command System. Comprehends and uses the Incident Command System/Standardized Emergency Management System (ICS/SEMS) protocol. Demonstrates the ability to learn the Community Oriented Policing philosophy, crime prevention, victimology/crisis Intervention, cultural diversity/discrimination, and people with disabilities. Learns to use modern law enforcement equipment, communications devices, computers, and information systems. Learns the use and care of firearms, chemical agents, and other weapons. Learns to drive a motor vehicle under normal and emergency conditions safely. Learns to demonstrate command presence in conflict situations. Possesses written and oral communication skills necessary to present information and evidence in courtroom settings. Trains and studies with police equipment and other training personnel to develop and maintain competency and proficiency. Assists in the enforcement of all local, State, and Federal laws within the jurisdiction of unincorporated Chatham County, and in coordination with other law enforcement agencies.
Minimum Qualifications: High school diploma or GED and one (1) year of work experience involving public contact. Possess the ability to learn Federal and State laws and County ordinances governing police activities and operations, including all related criminal and civil laws and processes. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships. Ability to exercise good judgment, flexibility, creativity, and sensitivity in response to changing needs and situations. Ability to learn the geographical layout of the County. Ability to demonstrate integrity, ingenuity, inventiveness, and strength of character in the performance of assigned tasks. Possess effective oral and written communication skills.
• Minimum 21 years of age.
• Citizen of the United States, or a legal resident of this country.
• A valid Georgia State Driver’s License
• Must not have any felony, domestic violence or misdemeanor assaults convictions
• Must be legally able to possess and carry a firearm in the state of Georgia
• Must have vision correctable to 20/20 in each eye with normal color vision
• Must attend and successfully complete appropriate P.O.S.T. certification courses
• An acceptable score on a timed educational level assessment examination
• An acceptable psychological assessment
• An acceptable score on the fitness performance standards test as outlined by the Department
• A favorable background investigation which includes a polygraph, criminal history, reference and employment verifications
• Must be able to work 12 hour shifts
• The Chatham County Police Department does not tolerate the use of illegal drugs. Past use of illegal drugs by applicants will be discussed during the polygraph testing, and a complete disclosure must be made.
During emergencies and disasters affecting Chatham County, you may be required to report to work as part of a disaster operations team.
This is a safety-sensitive position and subject to random drug testing.
Location : POLICE
Posting Start : 12/26/2020
Posting End : 06/30/2021
Details : CCPD Background Standards