Amazon Prime Video is changing the way people watch movies, TV shows, channels and live events with hundreds of thousands of titles available on-demand and in real time on mobile devices, tablets, game consoles, PCs, Macs, TVs and set-top-boxes.
As a Principal Technical Program Manager for the Prime Video Watch Party team you will own and drive the coordination and execution of technical interdependencies to make our Watch Party experience robust, scalable, ubiquitous and delightful. This program is an opportunity to help customers connect through the shared experience of Prime Video. The successful candidate will be obsessed with solving complex problems and can demonstrate success in consumer-grade application development and delivery that obsesses on the customer. Your communication skills will be exemplary, especially written communication in which you’ll be expected to author concise, data-driven documents with clarity of thought for review by technical leaders and senior executive business leaders. Watch Party is a key strategic initiative for Prime Video and an opportunity to invent with impact to our millions of active customers.
If you are passionate about film, sport or TV and you’re looking for a role where you can maximize your impact as a world class technical leader then come help us achieve our mission of building the most loved video streaming experience on any device. This role is inherently cross-functional: you will work collaboratively with Prime Video product development, central and cross-device engineering teams and executive teams to bring products to market, develop and grow business opportunities, and enhance our platform capabilities.
The ideal candidate can balance requests across multiple business units and has great abilities to influence across a diverse organization whilst driving a roadmap and solving technical interdependencies for a software development team. You are highly analytical, resourceful, customer focused, team oriented, and have an ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines. You also have a proven track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. If you enjoy defining and delivering first-class customer experiences and have a passion for video, come join us!
· Architectural design or system design experience independent of an architect
· 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
· Experience managing programs across cross functional teams, building processes and coordinating release schedules
· Experience driving roadmap strategy and definition
· 7+ years of technical program management experience
· Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to set and achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
· Passion for understanding customers and their behavior, particularly with regard to the digital video space
· Demonstrated strength in building trust and driving alignment across a diverse, matrix-based set of stakeholders
· Excellent cross-functional project management skills and written and verbal communication
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit: .
Together, Amazonians research and develop new technologies from Amazon Web Services to Alexa on behalf of our customers: shoppers, sellers, content creators, and developers around the world.