Product Specialist Full-time Job1 week ago - Manufacturing and Production - Chicago - 51 views
san francisco, los angeles, overland park, chicago, new york
Replica is an enterprise data platform that delivers critical insights about the built environment. With better data, human-context and an intuitive design, Replica helps public and private sectors make informed, effective, and responsive decisions. By showing how people live, move and work, we contextualize hard choices, allowing our clients to see around corners and understand the trade-offs surrounding their decisions. Whether for a city planner increasing public transit to underserved neighborhoods or for a grocery chain evaluating where to open a new location, Replica’s insights help clients make more informed, people-centered decisions.
We spun out of Alphabet in 2019 and recently secured series B funding from venture firms including Founders Fund, Innovation Endeavors, Sidewalk Labs, Firebrand Ventures, and Revolution’s Rise of the Rest Seed Fund. Today, we are a team of 50 employees with offices in San Francisco, New York and Kansas City.
We value our customers, believe in being resourceful, and work in service of each other to scale our product. As we build our team, we are committed to pursuing and bringing together a diverse workforce and creating an environment of inclusion. We value our differences and we encourage all to apply. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, Veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
As our team grows, we are looking for a Product Specialist to join our Product team and fuel product quality & engagement by representing the voice of the user. Our customers are comprised of public agencies and private sector companies, as well as architectural and engineering firms that we partner with. This role will engage with users from these customers, assisting them with the answers and data they need in order to be successful. With your finger on the pulse of our customers, you will leverage their feedback and other data tools to identify user experience themes, prioritize issues, and communicate key takeaways to Product Managers to shape product direction. On the outbound side, you will work with the Replica Customer Success team to communicate product roadmap updates back to our customers.
Product Specialists are subject matter experts for the Replica product & data and are liaisons between the Customer Success team and the Product Managers. This role has career growth opportunities into product management or pre-sales product specialist (aka solutions engineering) tracks.
The product specialist will report directly to the Chief Product Officer and be the liaison between the Customer Success team and Product Managers.
- Contribute to customer retention and engagement by providing dedicated product support on our Intercom chat channel with the ability to answer most, if not all, questions on first response.
- And in order to be successful in answering these questions, become an expert with Replica’s product & data -- down to the technical level -- deeply understanding the methodology, architecture, and processes involved.
- Monitor and analyze user reports for feedback and bug-related trends for input into a centralized customer Jira board.
- Own and regularly groom the aforementioned customer feature requests & bugs Jira board for input into product roadmaps, shaping the product to better service our customer’s needs, subsequently driving retention and engagement.
- Communicate the potential impact of product changes to internal stakeholders, especially Customer Success.
- Experienced: 4+ years of experience working in tech, consulting, or an operational capacity.
- Industry background: you have a degree or industry experience in urban planning or a related field.
- Technical: you possess strong technical aptitude and ability to learn and use new technologies.
- Customer-focused: you can go deep into technology and relate customer use cases to technical enhancements. You love speaking with customers and learning more about their product needs.
- Strong collaborator & communicator: you are highly effective at both written and verbal communication, with the ability to translate complex, technical concepts into user-friendly language.
- Versatile self-starter: you are intrinsically motivated at driving projects from start to finish and are comfortable in distributed, fast-paced environments, subject to rapid change and innovation.
- Curious & analytical: you are able to sift through both qualitative and quantitative data in order to answer the questions that you or our customer might have, and leveraging that data as a basis for promoting feature requests.
What We Value
- We work in the service of others
- We understand that talent + diversity + curiosity + relentlessness wins
- We believe walking > talking
- We operate with thoughtful urgency
- We communicate openly and directly
- We build products people use
- Our people! We work as a team and are excited to contribute to city planning
- Competitive salary based on experience and potential for impact
- Equity at an early stage startup
- Health benefits including medical, dental, vision, FSA and HSA options
- 401k account + employer contribution
- Offices in San Francisco, CA, New York and Kansas City
- Flexible PTO
Replica is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Ability to operate at both a strategic/conceptual level and at a detailed, operational level metrics driven; highly disciplined
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, maturity and good judgment and be capable of communicating with a diverse range of individuals
- A hands-on, action-oriented approach that fits well with the entrepreneurial, fast-paced culture
- Engaging leadership style that builds and sustains credibility with colleagues, clients and other stakeholders
- Broad functional experience in areas of strategic planning and marketing, sales and market development and planning
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria above, but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
Replica offers public agencies, land developers, and the community at large a complete sense of city movement patterns. The result is a higher confidence in critical transportation and land use decisions. Replica has three distinct advantages:
We create a new Replica every three months allowing comparisons of trip patterns over time and showing how people respond to new infrastructure and policies on the ground.
A more detailed picture
We replicate trip data for every street and transit route, every neighborhood and census tract, every moment of the day.
We calibrate our models against ground-truth data from public agencies to ensure accuracy and precision.