Project Manager Full-time Job8 months ago - Administration, Business and Management - Miami - 487 views
SCS Engineers is seeking an energetic, forward-thinking environmental project manager with a strong technical presence in our Miami, FL office, to assist in managing, our environmental group. This position will offer the right person significant opportunities for leadership and growth within SCS. This individual would provide leadership, direction and coordination for regional projects and clients and would interact with senior managers in developing planning initiatives. He or she would also train and supervise department staff and write/review technical reports.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Developing scopes of work and budgets, managing, and executing Phase I and II environmental site assessments, groundwater monitoring programs, soil and groundwater remedial actions, environmental compliance auditing and permitting, and related environmental services with senior oversight.
- Communicating with clients, third party and regulatory agents regarding project status, schedules and compliance issues.
- Ensuring adherence to client and corporate contract specifications in all activities including health, safety, security, and environment.
- Makes decisions independently on engineering or scientific problems and methods, and represents the company in conferences to resolve important questions, and plans and coordinates work.
- Management of projects should include lead technical person, client contact, scheduling of personnel, and other management duties such as projecting manpower requirements, billing projections, invoicing, and accounts receivable management.
- Mentoring and development of staff
- Assisting Project Director organize and contribute to business development activities.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Geology or related field required.
- Minimum of 8 years of related experience required. Experience must include hands-on field and office based activities in environmental consulting. Specific experience on solid or hazardous waste management, industrial projects, groundwater assessments and landfill compliance monitoring/ reporting is a plus. Experience in South Florida is preferred.
- Must be well versed in water quality, environmental regulations and environmental assessment/remediation.
- Demonstrated experience in project development.
- Professional Certification (EIT/PE/PG/CIH) preferred and current OSHA 40 hour HAZWOPER training a plus.
- Valid driver's license with a driving record in good standing required .
- Must be detail-oriented and a team player with great communication, strong technical writing skills, analytical, organizational, and time management skills.
At SCS, you will have an opportunity to contribute to our strategic direction, help us continue to grow, and provide our clients with responsive, innovative, high quality client service. We offer excellent opportunities for career advancement and a competitive compensation package, including: medical, dental, vision, 401K, ESOP, Student Debt Employer Contribution Program, paid holidays and PTO.
SCS Engineers is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). SCS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status.