Research Assistant Full-time Job2 months ago - Administration, Business and Management - Irvine - 411 views
EVALCORP is a fast-paced measurement & planning consulting firm (Irvine area of Southern California).
We specialize in program evaluation, needs assessment, and strategic planning consulting services.
Our primary clients are government agencies and community-based nonprofits. Our core content areas include: criminal justice, public health, mental health, alcohol/other drug prevention, child welfare, and education (including 0-5, elementary and secondary ed). We provide outstanding client service through high-quality, utilization-focused reports, and services.
Learn more about us at .
- Are you an applied researcher or program evaluator looking for a position with a growing consulting firm?
- Are you a self-starter?
- Are you proficient in quantitative & qualitative data analysis?
- Are your written and verbal communication skills strong?
- Do you value excellence and collaboration?
- Are you wanting to make a difference for others?
If so – let us know by applying to join our team of professional evaluators!
We are currently seeking multiple Research Assistants to support our project teams.
- Master’s degree in psychology or an applied social science
- One year or more of full-time evaluation or similar applied research experience
- Highly organized, can produce work on multiple projects on time
- Demonstrated proficiency in quantitative and/or qualitative research methods
- Highly computer proficient
- e.g., Microsoft Office, SPSS or R or JASP, internet, Qualitative data analysis software
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail is key to success
- Valid driver’s license and access to own transportation
- Preferred: Experience working in or with a non-profit and/or government agency
- Preferred: Subject matter expertise in criminal justice, public health, or mental health
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Coordinate and schedule data collection activities with clients
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative data collection activities
- Stakeholder interviews, focus groups, surveys, document reviews, etc.
- Maintain project datasets, including entering, verifying, cleaning, coding, etc.
- Conduct literature reviews
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative data analyses
- Summarize data in tables, graphs/charts, and narrative formats
- Assist with writing evaluation reports and other client deliverables
- Assist with client training/delivery
- Participate in client meetings and presentations
- Conduct other activities as needed to support project teams in the firm
Required Skills and Abilities
- Work in a fast-paced environment that is highly responsive to client needs
- Flexible and adaptable
- Maintain strict confidentiality of client and firm data and information
- Maintain professional interactions with clients and colleagues
- Actively listen and remember key points from communication with others
- Manage time and work productively and independently
- Work within teams and autonomously
- Follow instructions
- Appropriately take initiative to identify challenges and potential solutions
- Travel to firm office and to client locations (eventually)
Why join our team?
- Do what you love to do and are great at – with a stellar team!
- Make an impact, make a difference with agencies delivering front line services in the fields of mental health, public health, criminal justice, and human/social services – providing useful information to strengthen communities
- Grow and develop
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Dental, vision & health insurance; PTO; 401K plan; insurance for pets too!
To Apply: Please submit a current resume and cover letter online.