Research Associate Full-time Job2 months ago - Administration, Business and Management - Seattle - 873 views
About the jobJob Description
D.A. Davidson & Co.’s Wealth Management Research Department (WM Research) provides analysis and meaningful research recommendations on companies across various sectors and industries for individual investor clients throughout North America. WM Research also provides general equity market intelligence to advisors and clients through its communications. Our recommendations and communications are primarily provided through written research reports, model portfolios, portfolio reviews, conference calls, and availability by direct phone or email contact with advisors.
The primary function of the Research Associate position is to support the overall activities of the WM Research department. We are looking for a Research Associate with an interest in financial markets and investments, who is forward-thinking, upbeat, and motivated by the prospect of playing a vital role in building an outstanding retail research effort. We are looking for someone with strong analytical and communication skills, and high attention to detail. The Research Associate should demonstrate an ability to work independently and meet deadlines, and also thrive and contribute in a team environment that consists of a small, highly coordinated department based in Seattle.
Experience And Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, economics, finance or another related field. Progress toward or desire to pursue the CFA charter holder designation is viewed positively.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel and Word. Experience with PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, and/or FactSet a significant plus.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong writing/proofreading skills.
- Ability to interact with co-workers in a professional manner in a variety of situations.
- Ability to work independently and follow through on projects.
- Securities FINRA licenses: SIE, Series 66 required, but may be obtained immediately post-hire.
- Provide due diligence, administrative, and equity research support, as needed, to the Director of Research and equity research analysts.
- Assist in the functioning and continued development of the WM Research publication process. This consists of, but is not limited to :
- Proofreading/editing text, updating charts & tables, completing compliance checklists, and ultimately distributing research notes and reports.
- Maintaining and developing research reports and note templates.
- Keeping organized files for research publications.
- Building and maintaining compliance files related to research publications and other department activities, as appropriate.
- Respond to frequent ad hoc research requests from financial advisors, typically by phone and/or email.
- Assist in client portfolio reviews and proposals. WM Research works closely with financial advisors to review and propose portfolios for existing and prospective clients within the context of each client’s objectives, constraints, and risk tolerance. Specific recommendations in reviews and proposals utilize WM Research model portfolios and primary coverage recommendations.
- Maintain and play a role in the continued development of recurring research publications, including the Morning Market Dashboard, Weekly Research Review, and Research Spotlights.
- Maintain and continue to develop the WM Research intranet site, internal department databases, and other communications tools.
- Follow the Retail-Research Department Policy manual and regulations specified by the SEC and NASD and acknowledge such on an annual basis.
- Financial Services
- Investment Management
- Information Technology