Senior Financial Analyst Full-time Job9 months ago - Financial Services - Seoul - 606 views
Date: Jul 02, 2020Job Number: REF25281C
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Job Description and Responsibilities
The Visa Korea & Mongolia Financial Planning & Analysis team provides finance support across a variety of business functions. We are an agile, highly visible team that collaborates across functions and plays a key role in providing financial planning, reporting and decision support analytics to business leaders.
What a Senior Finance Analyst, FP&A does at Visa:
The Senior Financial Analyst, FP&A will lead in-depth analysis of Korea & Mongolia P&L in support of monthly reviews, forecasts, annual budget and multi-year plan as a key member of the Finance team supporting the Country Finance Business Partner.
This Senior Financial Analyst role will conduct analysis on the P&L including Revenue, Client Incentives and operating expenses, develop effective working relationships with the Country Business teams and Visa’s broader AP hub Finance team and participate in the preparation and presentation of key financial drivers to be used by Country Management.
The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated, focused, hard-working and highly collaborative team player possessing a positive and hands on attitude.
The role will be reporting to Senior Director, Head of Finance – Korea & Mongolia, based in Seoul, Korea
• Provide support to the business in the delivery of financial targets
• Ensure the Country Management is regularly updated on financial performance; provide insight into key variances and business trends and identify risk and opportunities (plus mitigating actions) to ensure delivery of the short-term financial targets and long-term strategic targets
• Conduct quantitative analysis on revenue drivers, client incentives and operating expenses by developing and running reports from financial databases
• Support the business planning, budgeting and forecasting processes and management reviews within the region for Revenues, Client Incentives and Operating Expenses
• Track financial performance of revenues/ incentive deals / expenses and incorporate into forecast
• Partner with Regional finance teams to understand variances, business drivers and influence forecasting assumptions
• Provide financial analysis and advice for new business propositions including client incentive deals, marketing campaigns, product and acceptance initiatives, capital investment and other projects.
• Maintain an in-depth understanding of pricing dynamics in the geography, including competitive pricing and positioning
• Support ad hoc financial analysis and preparation for executive level presentations
• Collaborates easily and successfully with all levels of management in a matrix organization structure
• Thrives on an environment that is fast-paced, rapidly changing, and customer service-oriented
Why this is important to Visa
This highly influential role will work very closely with business and directly influence both near-term and long-term strategic decisions through effective reporting and insightful analytics
What you will need:
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in finance, business, accounting, mathematics, economics, statistics or related quantitative field
• 8+ years of business experience in finance related area; preferably 3+ experience in FP&A with focus on undertaking detailed financial analysis, automating / systematizing reports
• Strong business acumen and commercial intuition required.
• Strong ethics, integrity and accountability with ability to maintain independence, autonomy and confidentiality
• Willing to engage in a broad range of activities necessary to support the cross-functional teams
• Operates at an expert financial analyst and can learn and navigate technical/new concepts independently
• Strong working knowledge in Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint
• Must be detail oriented to ensure accuracy and quality of output
• Demonstrated ability to deliver on multiple initiatives with tight timelines
• Strong business partnering skills, excellent judgement and decision-making ability in a collaborative style
What will also help:
• Understanding of the payment industry and Visa’s business is preferred but not compulsory
• Hands on experience on Hyperion and TM1
Projects you will be a part of:
• Conduct analysis and track financial performance on the P&L including Revenue, Client Incentives and Operating expenses by developing and running reports from financial databases
• Business planning, budgeting and forecasting processes within the region for Revenues, Client Incentives and Operating Expenses
• Financial analysis and advice for new business propositions including client incentive deals
• Ad hoc financial analysis and preparation for executive level presentations
Helping to improve lives and economies around the world. From advancing financial inclusion to helping in times of crisis, we are using our products, know-how and philanthropy to bring about positive change.