Senior Principal Systems Engineer Full-time Job1 month ago - Computing and ICT - Washington, D.C. - 79 views
Experience level: Mid-senior
Experience required: 10 Years
Education level: Bachelor’s degree
Job function: Information Technology
Industry: Defense & Space
Total position: 1
Relocation assistance: No
Our company engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
Our company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran.
Bachelor’s degree in systems engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience. Agile experience preferred.
Department of Defense TS/SCI security clearance with Polygraph is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Put your engineering talent to the ultimate test. At our company, we create the technologies, products and services that help our service members, intelligence analysts and first responders keep our nation safe. The work we do is so advanced our teams often redefine what’s possible for the world. If you want to be a leader with the company that delivers smart solutions for our nation’s challenges, this is your opportunity.
Shift: 2nd 2:00PM to 10:00 PM
GDMS employees work closely with esteemed clients to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions. The selected candidate will work with collaborative teams to perform technical activities that impact the design and manufacturing of advanced electronic systems.
The successful candidate will:
- Perform MAAS Database maintenance
- Knowledge of the imagery exploitation life-cycle, and various imagery systems
- Network and System Engineering experience
- Network hardware Engineering
- Microsoft Engineering
- Support the following OS and software: MS Windows 10, Windows Server 2019, Active Directory, MAAS (Multi-int Analysis and Archive System), MS Office Suites, VMWare, vSphere, VCeneter 7
- Report information through weekly site communications group meetings, weekly status reports, and monthly logs to team members and management
- PKI experience
- SQL Database experience
What you’ll experience:
- Technologies that aren’t just top-notch, they are cutting edge.
- A team of bold thinkers committed to exploring what’s next
- Opportunities to gain new knowledge - as it’s discovered
Department of Defense TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph is required with qualifying experience and degree. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
What you bring to the table:
- A Bachelor’s of Science or Technology degree, a related specialized area or field (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience
- Subject matter expert (SME) in one discipline/field and developing working knowledge in adjacent disciplines/fields
- Proficient understanding and application of engineering principles, concepts, practices, and standards
What sets you apart:
- Creative thinking with the ability to multi-task
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- Team player who thrives in collaborative environments and revels in team success.