Senior Product Designer Full-time Job1 week ago - Administration, Business and Management - Overland Park - 8 views
san francisco, los angeles, overland park, chicago, new york
Replica is an enterprise data platform that delivers critical insights about the built environment. With better data, human-context and an intuitive design, Replica helps public and private sectors make informed, effective, and responsive decisions. By showing how people live, move and work, we contextualize hard choices, allowing our clients to see around corners and understand the trade-offs surrounding their decisions. Whether for a city planner increasing public transit to underserved neighborhoods or for a grocery chain evaluating where to open a new location, Replica’s insights help clients make more informed, people-centered decisions.
We spun out of Alphabet in 2019 and recently secured series B funding from venture firms including Founders Fund, Innovation Endeavors, Sidewalk Labs, Firebrand Ventures, and Revolution’s Rise of the Rest Seed Fund. Today, we are a team of 50 employees with offices in San Francisco, New York and Kansas City.
We value our customers, believe in being resourceful, and work in service of each other to scale our product. As we build our team, we are committed to pursuing and bringing together a diverse workforce and creating an environment of inclusion. We value our differences and we encourage all to apply. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, Veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
As a Senior Product Designer at Replica, you will help guide execution for the experiences across the Replica platform. You’ll need to be able to solve complex problems related to the consumption and use of our data. You should be comfortable being a generalist that is skilled across product, UX, UI and visual design. As an early member of the team you will also help shape the design system, making sure we have consistency across the platform as we scale.
The Senior Product Designer will report to the Head of Design and will interface with product, engineering, data, and our customer success teams.
- Design and test sketches, flows, prototypes, and high-fidelity UI/UX experiences.
- Proficiency in design best practices, ability to bring to the table new design trends including implementations for geo spatial and non spatial data visualizations.
- Manage your own work from concept to completion, deliver on time and meet project objectives.
- Take part in defining a design system to be used across our platform.
- Help shape the product strategy and vision.
- 6+ years of experience as a Product Designer at a startup or existing product company.
- A solid portfolio that shows thought process from concept to completion.
- The flexibility to be a great collaborator in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to display empathy and advocacy towards our users
- Self motivated with keen sense of how to prioritize your projects and time
- Direct experience with design systems - either creating, maintaining, or using
- Experience with Sketch, particularly creating easy-to-use shared libraries for our design team
- Experience working with engineering to properly spec and QA designs
- We work in the service of others
- We understand that talent + diversity + curiosity + relentlessness wins
- We believe walking > talking
- We operate with thoughtful urgency
- We communicate openly and directly
- We build products people use
- Our people! We work as a team and are excited to contribute to city planning
- Competitive salary based on experience and potential for impact
- Equity at an early stage startup
- Health benefits including medical, dental, vision, FSA and HSA options
- 401k account + employer contribution
- Offices in San Francisco, CA, New York and Kansas City
- Flexible PTO
Replica is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Ability to operate at both a strategic/conceptual level and at a detailed, operational level metrics driven; highly disciplined
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, maturity and good judgment and be capable of communicating with a diverse range of individuals
- A hands-on, action-oriented approach that fits well with the entrepreneurial, fast-paced culture
- Engaging leadership style that builds and sustains credibility with colleagues, clients and other stakeholders
- Broad functional experience in areas of strategic planning and marketing, sales and market development and planning
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria above, but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
Replica offers public agencies, land developers, and the community at large a complete sense of city movement patterns. The result is a higher confidence in critical transportation and land use decisions. Replica has three distinct advantages:
We create a new Replica every three months allowing comparisons of trip patterns over time and showing how people respond to new infrastructure and policies on the ground.
A more detailed picture
We replicate trip data for every street and transit route, every neighborhood and census tract, every moment of the day.
We calibrate our models against ground-truth data from public agencies to ensure accuracy and precision.