Senior Product Manager Full-time Job1 week ago - Administration, Business and Management - New York City - 52 views
san francisco, los angeles, overland park, chicago, new york
Replica is an enterprise data platform that delivers critical insights about the built environment. With better data, human-context and an intuitive design, Replica helps public and private sectors make informed, effective, and responsive decisions. By showing how people live, move and work, we contextualize hard choices, allowing our clients to see around corners and understand the trade-offs surrounding their decisions. Whether for a city planner increasing public transit to underserved neighborhoods or for a grocery chain evaluating where to open a new location, Replica’s insights help clients make more informed, people-centered decisions.
We spun out of Alphabet in 2019 and recently secured series B funding from venture firms including Founders Fund, Innovation Endeavors, Sidewalk Labs, Firebrand Ventures, and Revolution’s Rise of the Rest Seed Fund. Today, we are a team of 50 employees with offices in San Francisco, New York and Kansas City.
We value our customers, believe in being resourceful, and work in service of each other to scale our product. As we build our team, we are committed to pursuing and bringing together a diverse workforce and creating an environment of inclusion. We value our differences and we encourage all to apply. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, Veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
At Replica, the data is our product and we’re looking for a Senior Product Manager, with extensive data analytics & data science background, to manage this critical facet of our business. In this role, you will define the strategy, build quarterly roadmaps, and drive requirements for our Replica Data products. And you will work with our world-class R&D and technical data teams -- data engineering, data infrastructure, and data management & procurement -- to deliver against roadmaps that drive business & customer impact as measured by OKRs.
Having excellent communication and collaboration skills, product management expertise, passion for urban planning and the build environment, and deep background working in data science or with data/research scientists will allow you to thrive in this role.
If you love the intersection of data and urban planning, then this is the role for you!
The Senior Product Manager will report to the Chief Product Officer, with this particular role primarily interfacing with our R&D and data teams: data engineering, data infrastructure, and data management & procurement.
- Drive incremental sales revenue and renewals via the product strategy you define for our data products: from data procurement to our core data products to our data access via the app or other means.
- Develop a customer-focused product roadmap and build alignment across internal product other partnering teams (R&D, data, sales, customer success).
- Drive the execution against the aforementioned product roadmap, including customer research, competitive analysis, drafting of product scope docs & requirements, and subsequent post-launch analysis.
- Communicate and educate data product strategy, roadmap, and other product updates to our sales and customer success teams, so that they may effectively position & relay that to our prospective and existing customers.
- Experienced: 6+ years of software/tech industry experience in product management or data related field.
- Education: BS or MS degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Technical: you possess a strong ability to grasp and translate customer needs into technical capabilities, particularly with regards to data and research science.
- Data enthusiast: you have a background in data, in particular, you understand the world of data science and have worked with data & research scientists.
- Customer-focused: you can go deep into technology and relate customer use cases to technical enhancements. You love speaking with customers and learning more about their product needs.
- Strong collaborator & communicator: you are highly effective at cross-functional team management and have an innate ability to communicate both business and technical topics to diverse audiences.
- Versatile self-starter: you are intrinsically motivated at driving projects from start to finish and are comfortable in distributed, fast-paced environments, subject to rapid change and innovation.
- Industry background: a very strong plus (not required) is experience in urban planning.
- You are a recruiter! Replica hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!
- We work in the service of others
- We understand that talent + diversity + curiosity + relentlessness wins
- We believe walking > talking
- We operate with thoughtful urgency
- We communicate openly and directly
- We build products people use
- Our people! We work as a team and are excited to contribute to city planning
- Competitive salary based on experience and potential for impact
- Equity at an early stage startup
- Health benefits including medical, dental, vision, FSA and HSA options
- 401k account + employer contribution
- Offices in San Francisco, CA, New York and Kansas City
- Flexible PTO
Replica is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Ability to operate at both a strategic/conceptual level and at a detailed, operational level metrics driven; highly disciplined
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, maturity and good judgment and be capable of communicating with a diverse range of individuals
- A hands-on, action-oriented approach that fits well with the entrepreneurial, fast-paced culture
- Engaging leadership style that builds and sustains credibility with colleagues, clients and other stakeholders
- Broad functional experience in areas of strategic planning and marketing, sales and market development and planning
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria above, but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
Replica offers public agencies, land developers, and the community at large a complete sense of city movement patterns. The result is a higher confidence in critical transportation and land use decisions. Replica has three distinct advantages:
We create a new Replica every three months allowing comparisons of trip patterns over time and showing how people respond to new infrastructure and policies on the ground.
A more detailed picture
We replicate trip data for every street and transit route, every neighborhood and census tract, every moment of the day.
We calibrate our models against ground-truth data from public agencies to ensure accuracy and precision.