Senior Test Engineer Full-time Job8 months ago - Computing and ICT - Hanover - 1K views
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, a related specialized area or field (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience.
Department of Defense TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
The responsibility is career-defining. So is the opportunity. At General Dynamics Mission Systems, we invent the technologies, products and services, that help our nation’s heroes keep our nation safe. The work is so advanced, our teams regularly redefine innovation and excellence for the world. If you’re looking for a challenge, you’ve just found it.
We apply advanced technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, AR/VR, Cloud Native and Quantum Physics to solve our customers’ missions in cyber, RF, undersea, interstellar space and everything in between.
It’s an exceptional challenge and for a true leader, it’s an equally exceptional opportunity. As a Senior Test Engineer, you’ll develop and conduct functional, operational, and/or performance tests on hardware, software, and systems, execute the test approach and documents system verification throughout the engineering development lifecycle, generate system test work products by applying the appropriate standards, processes, procedures and tools, and isolate and documents issues and defects. Your talent will be front and center.
- Experience with continuous integration tools (i.e. Jenkins, QuickBuild, etc.)
- Experience with Configuration Management version control systems (i.e. SVN, GIT, etc.)
- Experience with Agile software issues tracking tools (i.e. JIRA, Trac, Redmine, etc.)
- Experience with Automated Testing
- Experience in the development of test documentation such as test plans, procedures, test reports
- Ability to develop test procedures from requirements independently
- Ability to work as part of a team environment
What you’ll experience:
- Technologies that aren’t just top-notch, they’re often top-secret
- A team of bold thinkers committed to exploring what’s next
- Opportunities to gain new knowledge - as it’s discovered
What you bring to the table:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, a related specialized area or field (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience
- Expert knowledge and experience with object-oriented programming, system processes and scripting languages
- Openly contributes to the development of new theories and methods to enhance productivity and efficiency, solicits input, and optimizes solutions
- Ability and willingness to help anticipate and shape business opportunities
- Outstanding communication skills for frequent contact with managers, project teams across the company and external customers and vendors
What sets you apart:
- Team player who thrives in collaborative environments and revels in team success, meeting and exceeding personal and team commitments
- Ability to grasp and apply new information quickly and handle increasing responsibilities with growing complexity
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- Recognized as a subject matter expert (SME) in multiple technical areas
- Script writing using Perl, Python, Bourne shell, C shell, or other proprietary scripting languages