SharePoint Administrator (Rwanda or Kenya) Full-time Job8 months ago - Administration, Business and Management - Kigali - 252 views
ABOUT MASTERCARD FOUNDATION
Mastercard Foundation is a global foundation based across four hubs in Kigali, Rwanda, Nairobi, Kenya, Accra, Ghana and Toronto, Canada. Our programs promote financial inclusion and advance education and learning in Africa, primarily for young people, and in Canada for Indigenous youth. The Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. From inception, the Foundation was designed to be a separate entity and independent from Mastercard. Our policies, operations, and funding decisions are made by our President and Board of Directors.
The Foundation believes that youth employment is key to unlocking prosperity, both for youth and their societies. Enabling young women and men from disadvantaged communities to secure dignified and fulfilling work will ensure inclusive development and economic growth in Africa.
Values are timeless, they transcend and rise above all. They guide everything we do, as employees of the Foundation. We share a common vision of a world where everyone has the opportunity to learn and prosper. We make mistakes, we reflect, and we grow so that we can impact our world – it’s why we are here. We are ambitious and driven. We encourage you to bring your bold ideas, curiosity, and expertise to your work. We laugh at ourselves and with each other. We are a team. Our journey together makes our impact even more meaningful.
We have entered a very exciting time at the Foundation as we scale up our operations across Africa to realize our Young Africa Works strategy. If you are an experienced Information Technology professional ready to build something new and increase your impact, read on!
Reporting to the Head of Information Technology, the SharePoint Administrator will play a critical role in helping the organization achieve the goals it has set for the future. This individual will support the Foundation’s growth and strategy by helping to build a sophisticated, world-class, global technology function, while addressing the increasing complexity of the organization’s regional information technology needs including in the developing world during this mission. This role requires an individual that can support a dynamic and evolving environment helping deploy technology and practices that enable business and program leaders.
The SharePoint Administrator will serve as a business partner to support the goals of the technology function as the organization strengthens its operations and global partnerships across Africa. They will have responsibility for supporting strategy work, project delivery, operational stability and scalability to achieve the Foundation’s goals. The SharePoint Administrator will provide support and guidance to Foundation employees as well as provide guidance on approach, architecture and design of our SharePoint site.
WAYS YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
The SharePoint Administrator position will focus on providing first line of support, administration, user education, and security. They will be responsible for day-to-day management, understanding the site’s purpose, and working with SharePoint developers on site enhancements. The preferred candidate should be considered an expert in Microsoft SharePoint, with a strong working knowledge of the product.
- Effectively engaging, influencing and collaborating across the organization to achieve consistent business alignment with IT, ensuring all SharePoint sites are properly supported
- Oversees activity pertaining to the maintenance of SharePoint
- Manages and revises the layout of the site
- Customizes SharePoint site for company purposes
- Analyzes daily user activity on SharePoint
- Maintains records of SharePoint updates, maintenance, and activity
- Reports to company management with updates and information about SharePoint use
- Provides technical support for SharePoint users
- Participate in planning and execution of tasks related to the evaluation of new SharePoint based initiatives (Upgraded Versions, Third-Party Solutions, Integration with additional Enterprise Systems)
- Develop, configure and maintain document libraries, enterprise lists and site collections. Perform typical system administrative activities such as site creation, user training, backup, restore and issue resolution
WHO YOU ARE
- At least five years of experience supporting SharePoint environments, including SharePoint online
- Highly skilled delivering SharePoint training and creating guides and manuals for users
- Proficient using Windows PowerShell and understating HTML code
- Some experience integrating BI tools is a plus
- Detailed understanding of proper project management methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to develop implementation plans that achieve objectives
- Ability to present complex ideas clearly, manage the complexities of integrating new technologies and to influence individuals across the business to achieve objectives
- Intellectually curious and flexible, is comfortable with ambiguity, receptive to new ideas and open to change, when presented with best options
- Detail-oriented with excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills, including the ability to deal with situations where information is difficult to obtain, complex or ambiguous
- Understands how emerging technologies and service providers can be utilized to improve existing systems and/or increase operational efficiency
- Identify opportunities for efficiencies and cost reductions through new technology and/or the leveraging technology across the organization
- Is results driven and motivated by a sense of performance excellence and a sense of urgency; possesses a proactive and ‘self-starter’ mentality
- Demonstrates strong communication, presentation and negotiation skills in complex environments with an aptitude for diplomacy
- Possesses a global mind-set and professional maturity, and demonstrates sensitivity to working within different cultures. Flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
- Professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity that exemplify the Foundation’s values.
Closing date for applications is April 3, 2020.
The Mastercard Foundation values the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the organization and we are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone.
Completion of satisfactory business references, background checks, and proof of education are essential conditions of employment.
If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please contact the People and Culture Department at . We will work with you to provide a positive recruitment experience in a confidential manner.