Sr. Android App Developer Full-time Job10 months ago - Computing and ICT - Minneapolis - 528 views
Job function:Information Technology
- Industry:Hospital & Health Care
- Experience level:Mid-senior
- Education level:Bachelor’s degree
- Job classification:Technical
- Location:Minneapolis, MN
- Zip code:55343
- Skills:Developing native Android mobile apps, Kotlin
- Experience required:6 Years
- Relocation assistance:No
Candidates will need to self relocate to Minneapolis before starting work at Spok
- Visa requirement:Only US citizens and Greencard holders,EAD cards
H1-B visa candidates are not considered by Spok for this role
- Number of positions:1
Must-Have Skills and Experience:
- 1-2 years experience with Kotlin
- 6 years experience developing native Android apps
- Experience with JAVA
Nice-to-have Skills and Experience:
- Unit testing with Appium
- Experience with GIT
- Experience with AWS
- Experience working in an Agile development team
- Experience working in a Healthcare/clinical environment
- Ability to identify, own, and solve problems independently or as part of a team
The Senior Android App Developer / Software Engineer (SSE) is a member of a highly-motivated team. This role will develop, enhance, and sustain innovative solutions to improve the customer experience. The SSE will implement complex software in accordance with project requirements, UX design, and industry best practices. The SSE will also review designs and participate in meaningful collaboration sessions on how to solve customer problems and participate in determining scope for new projects. The SSE will own and components of the architecture and direct the work of other team members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Work with Scrum team to develop Spok’s new native Android App software that will be a key component of our product offering.
· Provide technical guidance in software design and development activities. May oversee development team and coordinate strategies amongst teams to ensure technologies are interconnected and product lines are working smoothly.
· Code, test, debug, document and maintain software applications using established coding standards and methodologies.
· Participate in Scrum activities, perform code reviews, contribute to a high performing, growing team.
· Own component(s) of the architecture and direct the work of other team members.
· Ensure new software meets quality standards through writing unit and automated tests.
· Troubleshoot, debug, resolve product issues as they arise.
· Assist in designing interfaces to improve the user experience.
· Support the application lifecycle (concept, design, test, release and support). Follow established development, documentation, testing and deployment processes.
· Gather requirements and suggest solutions; serve as an integrator between business needs and technology solutions.
· Collaborate with product development team to plan new features.
· Participate in planning and scoping meetings for future projects.
· Work cross functionally to resolve complex customer problems.
· Responsible for managing and maintaining project and work backlog; able to re-prioritize tasks as the business deems appropriate.
· Stay current with new technology trends.
· Train, coach and mentor other engineers.
Independent recruiters use Reflik to gain access to hundreds of open positions and large cash rewards.
Companies use Reflik to find highly-qualified candidates for up to 50% less cost and in 50% less time than traditional recruiting methods.