Staff IT Auditor Full-time Job1 month ago - Computing and ICT - Hoboken - 74 views
Experience level: Associate
Experience required: 2 Years
Education level: Bachelor’s degree
Job function: Information Technology
Total position: 1
Relocation assistance: No
Visa: Only US citizens and Greencard holders
- Assess the risks associated with various business objectives and evaluate the controls in place to mitigate those risks
- Communicate audit findings to local management as is appropriate.
- Assist in planning engagements based on IT risks
- Prepare work papers and coordinate receipt of audit materials required to analyze, test and evaluate the entity’s control environment
- Conduct interviews, walk-through, and document results
- Examine documentation and evaluate procedures in the control environment
- Document conclusions; organize and reference work papers for supervisory review
- Identify control weaknesses, help assess their impact, and discuss practical solutions with management
- Draft audit report findings and process improvements for review at the closing meetings
- Participate in closing meetings at the end of fieldwork, noting comments and providing clear explanations for our findings and ratings, as required
- Actively pursue certifications and continuing professional education in line with the department's needs and the auditor's career development
- BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance, Information Technology, Business Management or related field.
- Professional designations - CISA, CIA, PMP or CISSP certification a plus.
- 2-5 years of related work experience in IT Audit required.
- Solid understanding of operating systems, applications and databases, such as UNIX/LINUX, Windows Server, Oracle and SQL database management systems, and Oracle Financials ERP systems
- Solid understanding of IT Infrastructure controls such as physical security and network security
- Advanced working experience with Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Solid analytical, problem solving, organization, and project management skills
- Ability to understand the relationship between complex information technology and business issues
- Travel of 30 - 40% distributed over year - Some international travel
- Solid interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to travel as required (domestic and international)
Nice to Have:
- Experience in insurance, broking, or other financial services, a plus
- Understanding of Cyber Security controls and frameworks, a plus
- Big 4 industry experience, a plus
What can you expect?
- Constant Challenge – work cross functionally and with our diverse business units on risk assurance and advisory assignments
- Innovation – contribute to advancing the department by doing things in new ways
- Recognition – global career advancement opportunities
- Visibility – have exposure to senior business leaders
What is in it for you?
- Developmental Opportunities – grow in a culture focused on training and coaching, under the leadership of strong IA professionals with Big 4 and diverse industry experience
- Work/Life Balance – have flexibility in meeting your professional and personal commitments
- Culture – work in a diverse culture and a global team across the Americas, EU and APAC regions