Store Manager Full-time Job4 weeks ago - Administration, Business and Management - Midlothian - 212 views
Experience level: Associate
Experience required: 3 Years
Education level: High school or equivalent
Job function: Customer Service
Total position: 2
Relocation assistance: No
Visa: Only US citizens and Greencard holders
Our Company In is currently seeking a Store Manager with prior food experience to join our Company In team in Midlothian, VA! During this COVID-19 environment we are actively keeping our people and communities safe by following all safety measures and guidelines outlined by the CDC. We are also providing PPE for employees, while maintaining a fun and exciting work environment!
As a Bench Store Manager at Our Company, you will lead the business strategically and grow best in industry customer service. We aren’t like other convenience stores – with us you won’t just be serving our amazing customers (we think so anyway) with great food and fuel, you’ll also get to work with energetic people and have great fun while doing it!
Learn, Grow, Lead with Us
We believe the success of our company lies in the depth and durability of our employees and is why we are committed to continued learning and advancement for all employees. We are proud to offer a flexible job that empowers you with the skill to be a professional, from working with diverse teams and customers to building the foundation for your future. We believe leadership isn’t a title or position, it is a purpose. Every day, we are leading in our community, being responsible neighbors and focused on doing what is good for the environment and our neighborhood, not just our bottom line.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- High school diploma or equivalent required; 2-year college degree preferred
- 3–5-year experience including food convenience retail store management
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills
- Strong verbal, interpersonal and written communications skills
- Must be an excellent organizer and problem solver with project management skills
- Possess strong interpersonal skills to communicate with confidence to both internal and external customers
- Utilize basic business math and accounting skills, computer skills, analytical and decision-making skills
- Travel to corporate headquarters for training events is required
- Must be able to work all shifts, weekends and holidays based on business needs
- ServSafe Certified preferred; or able to become ServSafe Certified and maintain certification
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs
- Ability to lift, bend and stand as many as eight hours per day
Benefits and Perks
- 5 weeks of Paid Time Off; including 3 weeks of vacation, 6 days of sick leave, 4 personal days
- 2 Days Paid Time Off to volunteer in communities that we operate in
- Paid parental leave for new dads and moms
- 5% annual company bonus eligible
- 401(k) company matched at 7% following 60 days of employment
- Comprehensive health, vision and dental plans – including an option for health savings account
- 100% Tuition Reimbursement for qualified employees
- 50% discount on all made-to-order food
- Free fountain and coffee beverages
- Discounted car washes through employee car wash membership
- Career growth and development opportunities
Duties and Responsibilities
- Creates Excellent Guest Experience
- Creates and consistently models a guest-centric culture within the store emphasizing the CARES model.
- Partners with the Assistant Store Manager, Supervisor, Sales Associates, and Vendors to ensure the appropriate level of in-stocks at all times.
- Maintains a safe, clean, and inviting environment throughout the site at all times.
- Ensures customers’ needs are met quickly, efficiently, and accurately in all areas of the facility.
- Builds Teams and Leaders
- Creates an environment of diversity and inclusion within the team.
- Energetically recruits and selects the best candidates for staffing the store.
- Drives a robust training program in accordance with company training standards.
- Directly coaches and develops the team providing meaningful insights, candid feedback and clear direction.
- Grows Sales and Manages Inventory
- Grows top line Sales through proper order execution of brand standards.
- Ensures all deliveries are properly received and processed both timely & accurately.
- Drives profitability through strict financial controls including margin attainment, inventory losses, and labor and expense controls.
- Supervises and partners with audit teams to ensure accurate merchandise counts are recorded.
- Operates Store with Brand and Procedure Excellence
- Ensures the site meets Our Company Brand Standards and is prepared at all times for both Mystery Shop (ACL) and Brand MMP (Shell/Exxon).
- Ensures the business day is properly reconciled, processed, and closed daily to include lottery, money order, pre-pay phone, and car wash where applicable.
- Ensures the store is adequately staffed at all times by executing the Employee Schedule Process at least two weeks in advance.
- Leads Food Safety and Food Operations
- Vigorously maintains Food Safety and Sanitation standards.
- Protects food margins through consistent PAR execution.
- Ensures all Sales Associates (Food) have been Serve Safe certified.
- Drives food sales by becoming an expert in food operations.
Our Company In is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.