Technical/Solutions architect Full-time Job3 months ago - Computing and ICT - Hoboken - 169 views
The Solutions Architect owns the definition and creation of the application architecture for specific projects. They are responsible for working with the Enterprise Architects and Technical Specialists on defining the technical and application architecture. The architect must understand Marsh business requirements/ process and translate that into viable implementation architecture, ensuring that all Marsh standards are met. They should be able to dive deeply into any technology issues. They have to assist the Senior Architects in the evaluation of new technologies, and the definition of technical standards.
- Total 10+ years of Technology experience including 5+ years of design and 3+ years of Technical/Solutions architecture experience - in a range of technologies.
- Own the creation and documentation of the technical & application architecture for a project
- Ensure that the application integrations requirements are properly identified and appropriate solution is implemented working with the Senior Architects.
- Working with the data architecture team, define and implement procedures to ensure the integrity and consistency of all data. Also support maintaining the data dictionary.
- Responsible for conducting architecture tollgate reviews on the project and provide application architecture/design feedback to the project team on an ongoing basis
- Ensure that all technical and application related issues are identified and resolved by closely working with the partners
- Assist the Senior Architects on Proof of Concept and piloting new technologies.
- Interface and liaise with Marsh's vendors and outsourcing partners as required
- Assist the Enterprise architects in defining, implementing and overseeing technical standards, policies and tools
- Provide technical oversight to development teams. Work with the Technical Specialists to resolve problems with software and develop solutions.
- Responsible for operational effectiveness of the environment; adhere to Marsh Process Framework.
- Conduct a feasibility study/impact assessment for implementing business requirements
- Assess impact and prioritize architectural and design changes based on business needs
- Build and review implementation plans working with the Project Manager
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of a business requirements and test cases for applications
- Provide feedback to the Business Analysts and Business teams on impact of requirements on the implementation.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree, ideally in computer science or related field.
- Knowledge of technology environments, including telecommunications, networks, programming, servers and desktops
- Working technical knowledge of current systems software, protocols, integration capabilities and standards
- Required expertise in MEAN, Dev Ops, Java / JEE, .Net, Micro-services and SOA architectures. Good understanding of Machine learning & Blockchain
- Good working knowledge of Databases– Mongo and Oracle knowledge desirable
- Experience with Cloud technologies(AWS specifically) a plus
- Demonstrated ability to apply technology solutions to business problems
- Proven experience in systems Architecture, Design and Development
- Experience in data migration, ETL a big plus
- Strong analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent technical architecture and technical support documentation skills
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Strong with integration experience
- Client onboarding experience
- AWS knowledge needed - Kafka knowledge as well (or something similar)
- Spring, Spring Boot
- Architects will be working with business to define integration details
- Insurance background preferred - Insurance brokerage experience
- Must have strong global integration experience