HVAC/Refrigeration Tech - South Zone, Riverton, UT Full-time Job3 weeks ago - Manufacturing and Production - Riverton - 46 views
Posting Dates: 03/04/2020 - 03/25/2020
Job Family: Crafts/Trades/Mechanics
Department: Headquarters Facilities Department
The purpose of this position is to "seek to bring forth and establish the cause of Zion."
This position is a fully-qualified, journeyman level Mechanical Repairman in the Mechanical Air Shop. The incumbent performs preventive maintenance and repair work on mechanical air handling equipment, both commercial and residential.
Location: Riverton, UT
Compensation: $22.33 - $27.90/hr + depending on experience
• Perform routine maintenance on a variety of residential and commercial air handling equipment, including but not limited to air filtering systems, compressors, duct work, a variety of fan types and misc. other equipment.
• Analyze, trouble shoot and repair problems with air handling equipment, including electric motor failures, bearing and shaft change out and realignment, belt and sheave replacement, cooling towers, and other related repairs.
• Perform maintenance and repair of compactors and dock lifts.
• Perform repairs on damper systems.
• Perform other tasks as assigned by management.
• Requires a minimum of four years of combined experience in at least one or more of the following trades:
- HVAC Mechanic - With thorough understanding of building mechanical systems and experience in electric motors, air delivery and return systems, daily maintenance and inspection of this equipment and other phases of physical facility operation and sheet metal lay-out and fabrication.
- Welding and fabrication – With excellent proficiency at lay-out, and welding of stainless steel, mild steel and aluminum.
- Machinist – Capable of operating lathes, mills, drill presses, and precision measurements in machining various parts to tight tolerances.
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
• An ability to learn new skills typically found in someone with two years of post-high school technical training in above industries preferred.
• Requires a thorough understanding of safety procedures, including lockout tag out, proper uses of PPE and other safety practices.
• Mechanical aptitude typically found in someone with the ability to be trained in basic welding, sheet metal fabrication, metal lathe and mill operation, etc. within a reasonable amount of time.
• Proficient in reading blueprints.
• Must pass all required safety and equipment certifications and trainings.
• Must have a valid driver's license
• May be required to become DOT certified.
• Must be able to understand English for general communication, video training, building security, and safety. Also, must be capable of understanding instructions both verbally and in writing and able to listen and ask clarifying questions as needed.
• Must be able to work in extreme temperatures.
• Must be able to stand, walk, bend, kneel, squat, push, and pull for extended periods of time.
• Must be able to independently lift and position objects weighing as much as 50 pounds. Must be able to team lift and position objects weighing as much as 100 pounds on an occasional basis.
• Must be able to safely climb a ladder and be able to work for extended periods from a ladder, lift or scaffold.
• Must be able to fit into confined spaces such as man holes, crawl spaces, attics, etc.
• Must have good eyesight and hearing to properly troubleshoot equipment.
• Must have at least 20/40 vision with or without corrective lenses and not less than 120 degrees combined horizontal peripheral vision.
Must be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and currently temple worthy.
POSTING NOTICE/MORE INFO.
Please Note: All positions are subject to close without notice.
Find out more about the many benefits of Church Employment at .